I'm SOO doing these!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks interesting. I'm thinking about making kimchi at home with my canning jars. My oldest daughter loves kimchi.

That was interesting, the way they compared all of the cheeses in that. I can't believe the price people will pay for things like that!

That looks interesting. I'm thinking about making kimchi at home with my canning jars. My oldest daughter loves kimchi.
I too am crazy about Kimchi bb.
That was interesting, the way they compared all of the cheeses in that. I can't believe the price people will pay for things like that!

Nor can I..:ohmy::wacko:

Last edited:
Never heard of egg bites before. They look like a winner. I'm going to make them. Instead of canning jars and sous vied though, I'm going to cook them in the little poaching cups in my egg poaching pan. I believe they will cook the same, but with faster cooking times, ans easier cleanup. I'll let you know how it works.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I only skipped through the video because I'm the odd duck that absolutely hates watching cooking videos. :D I made something similar to that from the South Beach Diet cookbook about 17 years ago. It doesn't use a sous-vide, but those weren't household appliances back then. :LOL: I would make a dozen in a muffin tin, wrap them individually, and pop them into the freezer for breakfasts. Your post made me remember how nice they were for a quick breakfast. Not sure Himself would be happy with them, though. They're kind of bite size. Instead, I made them when I was back home working on Mom and Dad's house before we sold it.

I love egg bites. But I got used to picking up bacon, egg and cheese biscuits from my coffee hut. I just discard the biscuit. Need to get back to making the egg bites.

Made my first egg-bites this morning. They were super easy, and very quick to make. I combined 2 eggs with about an equal amount of cream cheese, and a pinch of Kosher salt, then whisked them together until smooth. I got the water boiling int my egg poacher pan, removing the egg cups before hand to keep them at room temp. I coated the insides od the cups with Hellman's Real Mayo, and pored the egg mixture in them until nearly full to the brim. I put thee egg cps into the pan, covered and cooked for 4 minutes. i them inverted the cups over my plate and the egg bites were cooked all the way through, and slid right out of the cups . They were very tender and light. I would call this experiment a huge success.

In the future, I will add ingredients like crumbled sausage bits, finely diced cheese, cooked onion bits, etc.

The egg poaching pan, I feel is the easist, and fastest way to make egg-bites, and with the least amount of clean up required. Of course, this is MHO with my limited experience with egg-bites.Make them by whatever means you prefer.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Just know, that these don't require a sou vied machine

I've made these in muffin pans. I pre-cooked bacon, minced bell peppers and onions, mixed the veggies and some shredded cheese with beaten eggs and poured them into greased muffin tins. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes until eggs are set. I brought them to a master gardener event and they disappeared.

Back
Top Bottom