I never knew how awesome cast iron is! (Might be a brag post)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The most used CI is my wife's chicken frier, which gets used 3-4 days a week, and my round flat skillet, which gets used 2-3 times a week, sometimes cooking infamously sticky eggs. I admit I didn't understand the real meaning of non-stick in CI, and it just keeps getting better! Nothing ever sticks to either of these pans any more. And there is no need to reseason.

A few seconds in the sink to get the food off, a quick dry, heat on the stove for a couple minutes while finishing the rest of the dishes, and a little bit of oil.

To anyone frustrated that your CI is sticking ... give it time. They will impress with continued use.

heehee. years ago I made a 'barn find' - a slant logo Griswold - it's like over a hundred years old. cleaned it up, just started cooking in it - bacon, sausage... i.e. fatty stuff - and exactly as you say - it seasoned, no muss no fuss, wiped out & dried. it may not be quite as non-stick as Teflon, but I can one hand flip eggs over easy.

time to time the posts with twenty steps, and repetitions, organic flax seed oil harvested at a full moon and pressed only at low tide . . . seasoning cast iron is just not so complicated.

Back
Top Bottom