How to make perfect dosa batter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arpita

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone,
Last night I had prepared dosa batter and left it to ferment the whole night. As I went and checked it out, the batter was not puffed and also there was no fermented smell in it. Once I started to make dosa, the dosa couldn't be made.
So, what might be wrong with my dosa batter?

Hello everyone,
Last night I had prepared dosa batter and left it to ferment the whole night. As I went and checked it out, the batter was not puffed and also there was no fermented smell in it. Once I started to make dosa, the dosa couldn't be made.
So, what might be wrong with my dosa batter?
Welcome to DC.

First you have to tell us what you did.

Welcome to Discuss Cooking.

I agree with Andy, we need to know what you did to have a chance to figure out why it didn't work as expected.

Welcome to the forum!

Was this a storebought mix you used, or the typical urad dal/rice mix, with the little bit of fenugreek seeds? And whatever you were making, what temperature did you keep it at? Did it ha e bubbles in it when finished? You say it didn't taste fermented, and it needs a fairly higher than room temp to ferment well - like high 80s or 90°. Here's what I use for fermenting my dosa - my instant pot! Set the bowl inside the IP, set it on YOGURT mode, low, which keeps it at about 90°.

Back
Top Bottom