How does instant pot differ from skillet cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As understand it, an Instant is either a slow cooker or a slow cooker/pressure cooker combination. If that's the case, it's the exact opposite of a skillet.

An IP in either mode is meant to cook foods, usually in a liquid, for longer periods to enhance flavors and tenderize tough cuts of meat. Think soups and stews.

A skillet is intended more for high heat/fast cooking applications like cooking a steak, bacon, chops, chicken breasts etc.

If my initial statement is incorrect, please ignore the remainder of the post (except this last sentence.)

@georgevan Is it simply because there is a sauté mode in the IP, that you would think of it at all similar to a skillet? This mode is more for starting dishes, like soups and stews, that have onions and similar things cooked the fat, before the rest is added. And if a small amount of bacon or ground meat is used, that can be cooked in the sauté mode. But if browning a lot of meat for a dish in the IP, I always do it on the range, in a skillet or sauté pan, as the shallow pans brown the meats better, and I have better control on the heat.

Back
Top Bottom