How do like your coffee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anymore, if you ask me how I like my coffee, I would have to say as coffee liqueur in a White Russian. I love those things! It's like a dessert, coffee, and cocktail all rolled into one.

20149bac05f4801782df95a50cb3ec13f8b2.jpg

Last edited:
:LOL:
Yes, Steve....must have kahlua! I don't even have vodka, but I think I need to buy both to have on hand. Looks wonderful. :yum:

Anymore, if you ask me how I like my coffee, I would have to say as coffee liqueur in a White Russian. I love those things! It's like a dessert, coffee, and cocktail all rolled into one.

Strange you brought this up. I just saw this morning when I came on.
I had a sombrero (I think it’s called something else now) last night. No vodka just kahlua and half & half. Yum. Never really liked vodka much.

07E97B87-06EC-4721-8D79-0045330BEF6E.jpeg

Last edited:
GG, you must have been to the wrong places! Coffee is a ritual - if you keep away from the tourist areas. Where I live, the coffee bars are superb - or is it that 'Italian superb coffee' is not your idea of what you think and is not what you really want. You live across the Pond, and you views are very different from what, at the other side of the Pond expect!

There are many differences between 'Italian in Italy' to 'Italian in the USA'!

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

GG, you must have been to the wrong places! Coffee is a ritual - if you keep away from the tourist areas.

So you're saying Italian baristas don't do the flourish for tourists? That seems strange.

I don't think most of the places where we stopped for coffee were necessarily in tourist areas, unless you count the entire cities.

Where I live, the coffee bars are superb - or is it that 'Italian superb coffee' is not your idea of what you think and is not what you really want. You live across the Pond, and you views are very different from what, at the other side of the Pond expect!

I know things are different Across the Pond. That's why I travel. All I'm saying is that I didn't experience what you describe. The latte was great, though. Nice afternoon pick-me-up after walking around all day.

Strange you brought this up. I just saw this morning when I came on.
I had a sombrero (I think it’s called something else now) last night. No vodka just kahlua and half & half. Yum. Never really liked vodka much.

It might be the brand. I've read articles where people will claim that one vodka is pretty much like any other, but I no longer believe that to be true. For a long time, I used to use a lower shelf brand called UV that I thought was decent. But then someone left a bottle of Belvedere (a Polish vodka) at my house and I taste tested it next to the UV. I was very much surprised at how much smoother it was. I've since tried Absolut, Stoli, Smirnoff, and a few others. I keep going back to the Belvedere, though. For me, it doesn't have the "burn" that some of the others have.

Last edited:
It might be the brand. I've read articles where people will claim that one vodka is pretty much like any other, but I no longer believe that to be true. For a long time, I used to use a lower shelf brand called UV that I thought was decent. But then someone left a bottle of Belvedere (a Polish vodka) at my house and I taste tested it next to the UV. I was very much surprised at how much smoother it was. I've since tried Absolut, Stoli, Smirnoff, and a few others. I keep going back to the Belvedere, though. For me, it doesn't have the "burn" that some of the others have.
I've tried all the big name top shelf brands, just don't care for it really.

I've tried all the big name top shelf brands, just don't care for it really.
Not trying to turn you into a vodka drinker, but have you tried any flavored vodkas? You know, fruit infused? I occasionally like some lemon vodka with sweet iced tea. Don’t know if there’s a name for it, but it’s quite refreshing!

I was about 13 y.o. I had come running in the house thirsty as heck. There was this big glass of what I thought was water. I grabbed the glass, took a big gulp and spit it out immediately all over my parents visitors. My next step was to get to get to the sink and drink straight from faucet. Unfortunately I had turned on the hot water. My mother was right behind me and corrected my mishap immediately.

I will never in my life time understand why someone will work their backside off for their paycheck and then go out to spend it on something that smells so vile and taste like the devil himself has you in his grip for eternity.

It might be the brand. I've read articles where people will claim that one vodka is pretty much like any other, but I no longer believe that to be true...
For me, vodka has always been the flavorless liquor in a mixed drink. Then we toured a distillery in Savannah, GA. Although Ghost Coast Distillery intends on producing Bourbon, they started off by also selling vodka since that doesn't require a long aging process. Himself had a Moscow Mule, which he really enjoyed. I sipped an orange-infused vodka - then bought a bottle for myself. Very smooth, hint of orange, delicious. I figured I was due, since Himself acquired a few fine Bourbons when we did KY distillery tours earlier in the summer. Anyway, this is a round-about way of suggesting you check out Ghost Coast if you are ever in the Savannah area. :LOL:

I was about 13 y.o. I had come running in the house thirsty as heck. There was this big glass of what I thought was water. I grabbed the glass, took a big gulp and spit it out immediately all over my parents visitors. My next step was to get to get to the sink and drink straight from faucet. Unfortunately I had turned on the hot water. My mother was right behind me and corrected my mishap immediately.

I will never in my life time understand why someone will work their backside off for their paycheck and then go out to spend it on something that smells so vile and taste like the devil himself has you in his grip for eternity.

Addie, I have no idea what you are on and on about... :huh:

First of all, I will never in my life time understand why someone would simply grab a random glass of unknown liquid off the table and drink from it. That makes no sense whatsoever. Maybe a 3 or 4-year-old would do that, but a 13-year-old? If you were 13, I would assume you knew how to get a glass from the cupboard, go to the faucet, and get your own drink of water.

Second of all, nothing irritates me more than someone who rides their high horse and is so judgmental of others.

Last edited:
Spicy Vodka anybody. My sister gifted me this last month. I like a Bloody Mary from time to time..this is infused with horse radish, chili and garlic..It`s a one trick pony, but works great for this type of drink..oh..the carrots and beans have nothing to do with the drink..I was just making dinner:LOL:

Attachments

• 37229109_10155500225847401_8712520006669172736_n.jpg
    37229109_10155500225847401_8712520006669172736_n.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 109
Usually here we use brandy or whisky to give some 'umph' to the coffee, but not vodka - the world is a wonderful place to get ideas, thoughts and experiments - I say this because you are all people who test, and assess, the many ways in which you test your experiments and it's all very interesting.

di reston

Usually here we use brandy or whisky to give some 'umph' to the coffee, but not vodka - the world is a wonderful place to get ideas, thoughts and experiments - I say this because you are all people who test, and assess, the many ways in which you test your experiments and it's all very interesting.

di reston

Vodka in coffee? Heavens, no! Vodka in coffee liqueur? Sublime!

I like vodka because it mixes well with almost anything. The exceptions are coffee (see above), apple juice, and Dr. Pepper.

Addie, I have no idea what you are on and on about... :huh:

First of all, I will never in my life time understand why someone would simply grab a random glass of unknown liquid off the table and drink from it. That makes no sense whatsoever. Maybe a 3 or 4-year-old would do that, but a 13-year-old? If you were 13, I would assume you knew how to get a glass from the cupboard, go to the faucet, and get your own drink of water.

Second of all, nothing irritates me more than someone who rides their high horse and is so judgmental of others.
You need to give some thought to your last sentence, Steve Kroll.

di reston

I was given a load of raspberries one year and used vodka and sugar to make a raspberry liqueur After a good period of steeping we opened a bottle at Christmas. Yum!

I used the same principle as using brandy and blackcurrants to make crème de cassis. I use Jane Grigson's recipe from her "Fruit Book".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom