Hot Lemonade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rodentraiser

Head Chef
I know no one drinks hot lemonade in the summer, but I was thinking about this the other day.

I've always had hot lemonade when I got a sore throat and sometimes I just heat it up in winter to drink, like hot apple cider.

I always thought everyone drank hot lemonade at one point or another, so I was surprised to hear coworkers telling me I was crazy. I figured hot lemonade can't be all that strange, since we have iced tea and iced coffee.

So am I the only person to drink hot lemonade?

We mix lemon juice, honey, and water, heat it, and we call it Bee Puke Tea. We use it for comfort and for a sore throat/cough.

The 'bee puke' name came from my little kids, when they learned that honey is processed by bees and the bees regurgitate the honey out, hence bee puke. It always gave way to silly laughter.

I like the name, Bliss. I also like Bee Puke honey lemonade when I have a sore throat. Or even when I don't, it's tasty!

We've called it 'bee spit'. :LOL:

I'd try this hot lemonade drink come this winter. Maybe a little whiskey now and then as Kay said. I haven't bought whiskey in decades!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom