Homogenized vs Whole Milk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you buy un-homogenized whole milk, the cream (fat) rises to the top. My dad used to use that in his coffee. But, if you use all the cream/fat at the top for other uses, what are you left with? It's not whole milk any longer, it's reduced fat milk - 2%, 1% or skim.

If you buy un-homogenized whole milk, the cream (fat) rises to the top. My dad used to use that in his coffee. But, if you use all the cream/fat at the top for other uses, what are you left with? It's not whole milk any longer, it's reduced fat milk - 2%, 1% or skim.

Definitely none of them. It might be less than 3.25% but more than 2%. That is by the taste, I'm no chemist and have no instruments to measure it (not that I would care that much anyway). It still tastes very good, like nice, fat, full flavored milk. :yum::yum: I think that:
A) it is not that "all the fat" rises up, it would have to stand so long, it would go bad probably.
B) I didn't take it all out anyway. Just a bit for the taste and then I just stirred it back into the milk. Of course I couldn't "homogenize" it :), just stirred

I shake the bottles of my unhomogenized so the fats breaks up, this is what I been told to do to keep the milk full fat and it works.

Back
Top Bottom