Homemade Bread Using Your Food Processor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Breezy Cooking, I think you have the right method...that works for you. A bad experience can teach us. I just always keep the yeast in the refrigerator and GO..the first time I have a problem...like you...I will test. Have fun baking.

I am repeating myself with this post. My yeast is about l4 years old, and almost gone. I bought 5 1lb pkgs when I moved here to the south. I was unable to find it anywhere around here and that was before the internet, for me. I store the bulk of it in the freezer. I have a small baby jar in the fridge, upside down that I use out of and replace. I only bake bread two of three times a month. DH doesn't like homemade bread and we are empty nesters.

If taken care of properly, yeast can live for a long time.

bevkile, WOW....that is a long time to keep yeast. I buy my yeast $2.50 bulk about one cup and place it in my refrigerator and it is fine for l year.

The water, flour temperatures are important. Bread making requires trial and error. Once you get it....you've got it.

Remember you can make Pita Bread in your food processor:

Impasto Per Pita (Arabic flat bread)

l package dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 cups warm water
3-1/2 to 4 cups flour

follow Great Homemade Bread Using Your Food Processor. You can find
detailed information on Pita Bread Thread for shaping and baking.

I made bread took a photo. Photo is in my computer. I have been trying to place photo in post. I have not been successful.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom