Herbs, Herbs, Herbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, wonderful what you´re doing with your herbs - you´ve got a really good selection, Ginny.
I´ve never had any success with dill, or sage in Caracas. Probably too much heat.
However, basil, rosemary, oregano, thyme, epazote, tarragon - all grow great!
My purple basil just died off - after 5 years. I used to prune it every 3-4 months, flowers and all; made pesto with the leaves and dried the flowers for seeds (there were a lot of seeds already formed).

That Tetra variety of dill is absolutely unbelievable - I've never seen one like that! It is unmanageable, in this type of setup, as you can see - in just 11 days it grew . Dukat seems best to grow this way, but I will try it outside, next spring.
11 days since I trimmed this Tetra dill down to the stubs! This stuff is on steroids. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Mass of roots of the Tetra dill, in the hydroponics basket. I removed it, as it was unmanageable. 12-13 by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Harvest of the Tetra dill, overgrown 11 days after trimming down to stubs! 12-13 by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Nice, Dave!

I love my indoor gardens. I started out with the desire to grow herbs for cooking. Since that worked out so well, I knew that I wanted to grow more. It is great to be able to grow them inside too! Nothing like fresh picked lettuce and tomatoes. And I love having flowers in the kitchen.

Rinse & refill day:
IMG_5910.jpg

Newest flower garden...still growing up:
IMG_5936.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom