Help with my Genoise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been making alot of Genoise lately, and although they have turned out ok, I have been having a problem with the cake deflating partially about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way into the baking process. This is not a total deflation, but a partial one, mostly in the centre (the sides stick near the top of the pan, while the centre sinks about 1/4 to 1/2 inch). I have made this cake alot in the past, and don't recall having this problem. I would really like to see a cake at or near the top of the pan, rather than being sunken like this. This is especially surprising, as I recently purchased top quality heavy gauge baking pans, and even tried using these baking strips, which are supposed to help evenly distribute heat during the baking process. I sift my flour several times before use, I am extra-gentle in the folding process, and everything goes by the book in other respects. Any ideas?
Hello jasonr
I dont know if anyone else has mentioned this but I have seen pierre herme making a genoise on Martha stewart's channel. He heated the eggs and sugar to 130f and after removing from heat he continued beating until they reached the slow ribbon stage and to test this , slowly remove the whisk and the ribbon will slowly fall on the mixture and it would sit on top of the beaten egg mixture for 10 whole seconds.
I hope this is helpful. Although I may be too late in finding this forum ?

Hello jojo77, Welcome to DC!
Thank you for reviving this Thread! What an interesting read.

FYI, if you look at the top left corner of the individual posts you will see the date they were posted. This Thread actually dates back quite a few years and nor have any of the original posters been seen for a fairly long time.
Not that there's anything wrong with chiming in with new helpful suggestions. It's great! Now you have me interested in Genoise cakes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom