Hello from the PNW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
<<How would you even tell a Maine lobster from a Canadian lobster? Do you think they would look or taste different?>>

Shhhh...Taxlady...Pacific Lobster doesn't have the big claws! :ohmy:

Last edited:
<<How would you even tell a Maine lobster from a Canadian lobster? Do you think they would look or taste different?>>

Shhhh...Taxlady...Pacific Lobster doesn't have the big claws! :ohmy:

I meant Canadian lobster from the Maritimes. You know, the part next to Maine.

Supposedly they are a slightly different color. There are other differences but I do not know them.

T

Last edited:
How would you even tell a Maine lobster from a Canadian lobster? Do you think they would look or taste different?...
You have to ask for its passport. [emoji16]

Northern Atlantic lobster has claws. Both Florida and Pacific lobsters are spiny lobsters - no claws. I've only eaten north Atlantic lobster, so I can't say what the difference is in flavor. Doesn't matter anymore to me; I prefer scallops, crab, and shrimp to lobster. I guess that lobsters have a better marketing agent.

I'd be very surprised if you could really tell the difference between Canadian Maritime and Maine lobsters. They're in the pretty much the same waters.
But I've from the west coast, all I really know about are crabs lol

The difference between a Maine lobster (homarus americanus) and a Canadian Maritimes lobster (homarus americanus) is the country of registration of the boat that caught the lobster. Fishermen from both countries fish lobster in, among other places, the Bay of Fundy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom