Has anyone tried Cher-Make Natural Casing All Beef Hot Dogs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Being a guy who loves exploring new things, several years back, I noticed Cher-Make Natural Casing hot dogs in a local supermarket, in my home town. I purchased a package and grilled them up. The first thing I noticed was the wonderful snap as I bit into them. Then, the flavor was meaty, and vey well balanced, not as salty as most, and with a mild, smoky flavor. Previous to the Cher-Make brand, my favorites had always been Koegles's All Beef Franks, or Koegle's Vienna Sausage with natural casings, followed by Volwerth's, and Wrath Blackhawk dogs. I still like all of these brands, but the Cher-Make, for me, have the best balance of salt, and spices, with just the right amount of snap. They are flavorful enough to stand up against strong toppings, like a spicy chili-chees, salsa, even horseradish. If you have the opportunity to try the brand, I highly recommend it. Great, balanced flavor and texture, IMHO. No, I don't work for Cher-Make, or get paid for my opinions. I just wanted to share what I think is he best hot dog out there. Anyone else try this brand? If so, what is your opinion of them?

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

We don't have any hot dogs with casings on them. Even the Nathan's dogs we get are skinless.
Who was the idiot that invented the skinless hot dog? I want to punch him in the face.
I did find some Boars head dogs with skin on but they were not worth $7 for 6 hot dogs.

I don't see the point of skinless hot dogs. Well, maybe there are some people who have issues with the texture of casings. I like the texture with casings just fine. I'm trying to imagine what they would be like without.

It seems many hot dog brands are regional. As a result, one man's favorite is unknown to most of the country. I don't recognize the brands the Chief listed. Here in MA my fave is Pearl Country Club hot dogs (natural casing). It also appears to be a regional brand. I used to like their quarter pound hot dogs but have since switched to normal sized ones.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom