Has anybody tried this product?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Has anyone ever tried this product -Gianduia 1865: Gianduia Spread Cream | Caffarel

Unlike Ice Cube Candy squares, and many other chocolate confections, it isn't made with palm oil; Even Nutella is made with palm oil

I am avoiding palm oil as great tracts of forest are being leveled to plant the palms to produce palm oi., further damaging the natural order of wild plants in this world. I feel that by boycotting companies that use up, and misuse the land, I am doing my little part to help.

The ingredients in this confection are all good, sustainable ingredients. Let me know what you think.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I won't be trying that. It has soya lecithin. Also, it has 40% hazelnuts. I really like hazelnuts, but not once they are smooshed. I can't stand the taste of Nutella or Ferrero Rocher because they have the smashed hazelnuts in them. Nope, nope, nope. But, I agree with you about the palm oil.

taxy- what's wrong with soy lecithin?

Soy lecithin does not contain phytoestrogens and has no documented association with cancer risk. This from a Boston Cancer Institute.

Intake in and from normal foods (meaning not going to supplements for extra) does not seem to have any links to detrimental conditions.

taxy- what's wrong with soy lecithin?

Soy lecithin does not contain phytoestrogens and has no documented association with cancer risk. This from a Boston Cancer Institute.

Intake in and from normal foods (meaning not going to supplements for extra) does not seem to have any links to detrimental conditions.

Maybe I will do some more Google research. It's hard to find info on phytoestrogens on the intertubes. But, I have read that soy lecithin is estrogenic. According to a friend, it doesn't cause allergic reactions in people with soy allergies (like him). And I'm not avoiding the estrogenic foods because of fear of cancer. It was a recommendation of my doctor. There is soy in so many things and in places one wouldn't expect. E.g., most of the pickled jalapenos I have seen have soy oil. It's in almost all vegetable oil. I'm sure I eat small amounts of unfermented soy frequently, so I want to cut out any that I know about.

Fair enough taxy - I agree, everything in moderation.

I get upset with friends who read how some ingredient is detrimental "in excess" and then they try to avoid them altogether, when they never really ate much of the ingredient in the first place. At least until the next ingredient "revelation" comes along. :LOL:

fad(e) in, fad(e) out...

This site is on my list of questionable sources because they mix accurate information with less accurate, and even incorrect or misleading, information. Reliable sources of scientific information cite the studies they refer to, so people can read them themselves and evaluate whether the interpretation of the article is accurate. Sometimes it's not.

Despite some people's opinions, no one has ever shown any harm to human health from GMO products, including soy products.

Last edited:
This site is on my list of questionable sources because they mix accurate information with less accurate, and even incorrect or misleading, information. Reliable sources of scientific information cite the studies they refer to, so people can read them themselves and evaluate whether the interpretation of the article is accurate. Sometimes it's not.

Despite some people's opinions, no one has ever shown any harm to human health from GMO products, including soy products.

Ditto...

and I repeat, moderation in ALL things including processed foods.

Has anyone ever tried this product -Gianduia 1865: Gianduia Spread Cream | Caffarel

Unlike Ice Cube Candy squares, and many other chocolate confections, it isn't made with palm oil; Even Nutella is made with palm oil

I am avoiding palm oil as great tracts of forest are being leveled to plant the palms to produce palm oi., further damaging the natural order of wild plants in this world. I feel that by boycotting companies that use up, and misuse the land, I am doing my little part to help.

The ingredients in this confection are all good, sustainable ingredients. Let me know what you think.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Make your own, it will be superior to anything you can buy, just blend praline paste and callebaut semi sweet.
If you need it to be a creamy spread just substitute ganache instead of melted chocolate.

To make it just make hazelnut brittle (toast and skin the nuts first) ,process it after it cools down. Blend it fine and mix with the melted chocolate, it can be made into a firm paste that can be rolled and formed or make it soft and creamy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom