Has anybody made cookies from a boxed cake mix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
boxed cake mixes often have pretty great flavor. So I'm wondering, could you make a good chocolate chip cookie using say, a German chocolate mix, an egg, and butter, with chocolate chips of course, or maybe a shortbread style cookie from a yellow cake mix?

with all f the flavors available in boxed cake mixes, this could open up a whole new range of cookie treats. depending on what was added, they could be sof, or crispy, or chewy cookies, and with or without fillings, icings, and so on. so does anyone have experience turning a boxed cake, or brownie mix into cookies?

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I have. There are scads of versions listed online. I've made chocolate cake based ones: with coconut shreds and toasted pecans, dried cherries and sliced almonds. One with just walnuts. They're good for a quick "homemade" cheat cookie. I don't know if you can get crisp cookies using a nox cake mix, though since the product is designed to make something soft and fluffy.

I've made only chocolate because I usually have a box of some sort of chocolate cake mix on hand in case I want to make a pan of triple chocolate cake. Maybe I should buy a different mix...

Last edited:
I have and I did not feel that they came out as cookies. Just differently textured cake.
Too many simple delicious cookie recipes to bother with cake mix cookies again.

Ross

Back
Top Bottom