Has Anybody made Chocolate cake with banana slices, or chunks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Has Anybody made Chocolate mayonnaise, or any other chocolate cake with banana slices, or chunks? If so, did it have a frosting, or powdered sugar dusting? If frosted, was it a banana buttercream, or other? How good was it?

One of my grandsons birthday is coming up on Tuesday. I'm thinking of making him a chocolate-mayo cake with banana slices, and banana buttercream frosting. I've made the cake many times, and it's a wonderful cake. But I've never put bananas in it. I frosted it with a mixed combo of chocolate buttercream, and Nutella. Everyone thought it was really good.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I should think it would be wonderful Chief.

No, I have not made it but I seem to find that bananas, aside from being a super food for the body, also seem to be a super food for adding to other recipes!

Yes Chief.

I have added banana's and other fruit to my small batch cakes, not limited to chocolate.

A dusting of powdered sugar or frosting of choice works well, for us.

Ross

Well, it's underway. I've got 7minutes before the chocolate/mayo cakes are done. The chocolate buttercream and Nutella have been blended together, and the banana pastry cream is made, and chilled. I just have to wait for the cakes to cool, and assemble. I'll get pictures if possible. I have Neapolitan ice cream to go alongside the cake, and whipped cream as well.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Woo Hoo! Clear the decks! Dragons on the runway comin' in for a landing!

Chocolate - Bananas - Pastry Creme - Whipped Cream! What more could a dragon want? :pig:my scales might turn pink:pig:

Well, it's not the prettiest cake I've ever made. But the banana pastry cream came out delicious, as did the chocolate/Nutella frosting. The cakes are moist, and I was able to lay them on top of each other wit the pastry cream between then. It'll look better when the whipped cream is on top. I don't want it to melt before serving. My only excuse for it not looking as good as previous cakes - I'm getting old, and it's a chore. It'll taste great though, especially with the Neapolitan ice cream beside it.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• 20220524_160159.jpg
    20220524_160159.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220524_160204.jpg
    20220524_160204.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 22
Chief, it is made with Love for both the job and the receiver. That makes it beautiful in anybody's book.

(... should anyone disagree, I'd advise them to always carry an open umbrella, dragon poop is really stinky and difficult to get off.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom