Grilling Pork Chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GilliAnne, so glad to see you back! Amazing how a different 'something' (read grill) can change the outcome. Wonderful it worked for you.

Hope things are smoothing out for you and we'll see you around some more!

Thank you for your kind words, Kaneohegirlinaz. Yes, I have very supportive family and friends, for which I thank God.

Incidentally, on the subject of cooking pork chops, I cooked one for my dinner tonight - broiled it under a different grill, 15 minutes each side, and it turned out much better than previous recent attempts.
I'm glad it turned out better for you, but I believe you're overcooking the chop, which makes it dry and tough. I understand that you don't want to take the time to brine - I don't, either, which is why I dry-brine pork chops, beef steaks and chicken pieces. Just sprinkle on some salt and pepper and let it rest at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Longer is better, but this will work, and it will season the meat nicely. Broil for 10 minutes per side - pork is best served medium to medium well, about 140°F/75°C.

GilliAnne, so glad to see you back! Amazing how a different 'something' (read grill) can change the outcome. Wonderful it worked for you.

Thank you so much, dragnlaw! I am still quite busy with my constant to-do list, both planned and unplanned.

I'm glad it turned out better for you, but I believe you're overcooking the chop, which makes it dry and tough. I understand that you don't want to take the time to brine - I don't, either, which is why I dry-brine pork chops, beef steaks and chicken pieces. Just sprinkle on some salt and pepper and let it rest at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Longer is better, but this will work, and it will season the meat nicely. Broil for 10 minutes per side - pork is best served medium to medium well, about 140°F/75°C.
It was fine for me, GotGarlic. I have two broilers/grills, which are part of two microwave ovens and the broilers/ grills tend to take longer to cook things than the time recommended on food products or in recipes.

As for brining, I have to watch my salt intake for health reasons, so I avoid brining for that reason as well as the time factor.

Back
Top Bottom