Great Tasting High Protein Drink

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I'm allowed only a quarter cup of milk, or 2 oz. of cheese per day. Well, I've found that I enjoy Rice Dream Original Rice milk just as much. However, it's pricey. So, I've been experimenting with making my own. It comes out very smooth, and creamy, but not as good tasting. I upped the anti, so to speak, and decided to add other ingredients to my home made rice milk, increasing the nutritional value, protein content, and flavor. Though this latest batch is very thick, and a little grainy, it tastes great, and fills the belly. Here are the ingredients:
1 cup cooked rice
1 cup ice water
1 cup frozen, ripe strawberries (they were fresh, but Ifroze them)
1 cup frozen blueberries
2 tbs. strawberry freezer jam
2 tbsp. Whey proteins Powder
1/4 cup hulled sunflower seeds
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. chokecherry jam

Put all ingredients into blender, and process into a puree, as smooth as possible.

Tis can also be used as a sauce to spoon over poke cake, shot cake, ice cream, mixed with yogurt, or cream chees.

Seeeeya;Chief Longwind of the North

Interesting that the whey protein, which is derived from milk, is ok, when you are restricting milk and dairy?

I don't have problems with milk, but I do mix protein powder with low-fat Greek yogurt for a quick protein hit. Sometimes I throw in a few blueberries (lots of blueberry farms where I live).

Interesting that the whey protein, which is derived from milk, is ok, when you are restricting milk and dairy?

I don't have problems with milk, but I do mix protein powder with low-fat Greek yogurt for a quick protein hit. Sometimes I throw in a few blueberries (lots of blueberry farms where I live).

It's the phosphorous in the milk that is an issue for me. I am allowed cream, and whey. i do still have to read labels to insure that no added phosphate preservatives are added to the product.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom