Grape Popcorn (and other flavors)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking4Fun

Senior Cook
My father got grape flavored popcorn from some store out of town and it was pretty good. Lightly crispy and tasted like grape juice. Does anyone know of a good recipe for candied popcorn?

I found this, but don't like the butter and sugar and using commercial jello. It seems cheap that way. Any better recipes? I would love to create orange, lemon, lime, cherry, and grape flavors with the consistency of a slightly softer cracker jack.

https://celebrationgeneration.com/game-day-fruity-glazed-popcorn/

Hey Cooking4, LOL, sounds like you might be right! So sorry for you on that! Truth to tell, I just finally opened this thread after seeing it for so long. Wanted to know who else would eat it? LOL (no offense please)

To my way of thinking there is really only one, ok 2, flavours, lots of salted butter :clap: and caramel.

Then my sons introduced me to a powder they sprinkle on of cheese :ohmy: :sick: and then the world went crazy with other flavours. :ROFLMAO:

Guess I'm an old fashioned, stick in the mud, kinda' grump!

:flowers:

Yeah, I´m in the Dragnlaw camp too. If I really have to eat popcorn (it´s not one of my favourite items), butter or caramel.
Sometimes, companies go overboard trying to be more "creative" than the next guy, and their ideas just fall flat
Grape?? That´s like making balsamic vinegar-flavoured beer!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Hey Cooking4, LOL, sounds like you might be right! So sorry for you on that! Truth to tell, I just finally opened this thread after seeing it for so long. Wanted to know who else would eat it? LOL (no offense please)

To my way of thinking there is really only one, ok 2, flavours, lots of salted butter :clap: and caramel.

Then my sons introduced me to a powder they sprinkle on of cheese :ohmy: :sick: and then the world went crazy with other flavours. :ROFLMAO:

Guess I'm an old fashioned, stick in the mud, kinda' grump!

:flowers:

I tried dill popcorn once. Haven't mastered that one yet. But candy flavored popcorn is kind of cool.

I don't normally like grape flavored things other than jam, but this was like eating grape juice. I kind of liked it anyway and would like to make many fruit flavors with plain popping corn.

Other than caramel, I don't think I'd care for sweetness added to popcorn.

That said, I do add seasonings to popcorn I do at home. Mrs Dash, Tony's Creole Seasonings, etc. They just add a layer of flavoring I enjoy.

Ross

I remember being in Portland Maine and they had a popcorn store there. I remember sampling multiple flavors.

My favorite semi sweet popcorn is the Kettle Corn you get at Hershey Park, right when you walk in off to he right, they always have a large kettle going. There perfect balance of salty and sweet.

Ive never really experimented with popcorn at home other than the occasional shaking of parm cheese on it. I think once I drizzled some truffle oil on the popcorn too .

In answer to the original question, here's a recipe that my MIL, and Wife made when we were younger. Everyone loved it.

https://www.food.com/recipe/mother-goose-popcorn-48667

You could easily modify this recipe by adding flavor extracts, or warm spices such as nutmeg, cinnamon, fruit juices, etc.

For a really good caramel corn recipe, this one fills the bill:
https://www.recipetineats.com/salted-caramel-popcorn/ I'd add shelled, and hulled dry roasted peanuts, or cashews to this recipe. Add crushed, freeze dried apple chips to this to make caramel-apple popcorn.
Use strawberry, peach, grape, or apple juice for a fruity popcorn instead of water for a frit-taffy like flavor.

Finally, you can purchase powdered cheese in multiple flavors, that works perfectly with clarified butter to coat popcorn. This link has offerings of sharp yellow cheddar, premium white cheddar, blue cheese, powdered Parmesan, powdered cream cheese.

httphttps://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Grocery-Gourmet-Food-Powdered-Cheese/zgbs/grocery/15197501011://

I've done google searches and also found powdered swiss cheese. I'm sure there are other flavors available.

That should give you some ideas for your popcorn.

Last edited:
I just remembered, this summer, I was cleaning out the refrigerator and had 5 partial jars of pickles, some sweet and some dill and salty. I dehydrated them all, then ground them into a pickle powder. This would make a good sprinkle for our air popped popcorn over the holidays.

I just remembered, this summer, I was cleaning out the refrigerator and had 5 partial jars of pickles, some sweet and some dill and salty. I dehydrated them all, then ground them into a pickle powder. This would make a good sprinkle for our air popped popcorn over the holidays.

Its funny you wrote this, I just recently ordered ( and ate) dill pickle popcorn. I loved it, so I figured I'd post it here, just to find out you beat me to it.

Its funny you wrote this, I just recently ordered ( and ate) dill pickle popcorn. I loved it, so I figured I'd post it here, just to find out you beat me to it.
Ah sorry about the beating! Great minds.......as they say. For a gift we received fresh Amish Country popcorn so each time is a new type of popcorn and a new sprinkle.

Back
Top Bottom