Goodbye grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ideal soil, according to my university studies a thousand years back - 40 percent sand, 40 percent silt, and 20 percent clay, all mixed together with organic matter, i.e. peat moss, saw dust, manure, newsprint, grass clippings, compost, shredded leaves, etc. The soil should halve lots of earthworms in it as well. Depending on what is being grown, acidic, or alkali amendments are added, as are mineral rich additions to fortify the soil. This mixture of sand, silt, and clay is called loam, and holds just the right amount of moisture, while remaining loose enough for good root development. The organics supply nitrogen, sulfur, potassium, carbon, and other nutrients needed for plant growth.

One of my sisters puts newsprint paper into her garden every year and grows an amazing crop, every year.

If you have a suitable space, as in your basement, a worm box allows you to take veggie scraps to feed the worms, they multiply, and can be added to the soil in the spring, and the dirt they live in is full of worm casings, one of the best fertilizers on the planet. Worm boxes have no odor, and veggie waste is eliminated.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom