Good Journey Chief Longwind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so sorry to hear this. The Chief has been here for so long, and has been so generous with his help. He was a fixture and will be missed.

May you rest in peace Chief. I'm gonna miss your posts. I have saved many of your recipes so you will always be a part of my kitchen.

I haven’t been in this forum too long, but your dad sure did pass along a lot of good knowledge and recipes.

So sorry for you loss. Hopefully you can find a little peace knowing he was very much loved by many people in this group.

RIP

Pag,
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your Dad was such an inspirational man.
Was is an understatement. He's always going to be thought of for his generosity in not only cooking. But also as a man who would jump in and walk you through the whole process of cooking something in particular.Never missing a beat while doing it. Or just being a very kind man, lending an ear if you needed one. He's going to be missed, but never forgotten.
With much love and sympathy to you and your family.

Munky.

Oh my goodness. This took me completely by surprise. Chief was loved and will be missed. I learned so many great things from him, including the fabulous recipes and excellent advice he would post.

Rest in peace, friend.

I'm totally at a loss for words. The Chief was and still is an important part of this forum and this family. To say he will be missed is tiny in comparison with the feeling of loss and the hole that cannot be filled.

@purple.alien.giraffe I didn't think this was real - after all, your Dad had just visited DC the day before! Sadly, it's true. My sympathy to you, Sprout, and the rest of Chief's family. He was a kind and gentle soul. If a new or infrequent member would criticize, Chief would turn the other cheek. Such an example to the rest of us. He will be missed. Remember, though, that he will be only as far away as your heart.

@cjmmytunes sorry to read of your Mom's passing.

Wow! :( I'm so sorry for your loss! He was such a great guy, generous in spirit and quick with the dad jokes. I have chatted with and interacted with him since pretty much the beginning of my online forum life, and he has been a fixture here virtually since the beginning. This place won't be the same without him but we're immeasurably richer for all he gave us. RIP, Chief! You will be sorely missed by us all. I hope you knew what you meant to this community.:king:

Jess, I just saw this. I am so sorry and send condolences to you and your family. Your dad was a very special person and meant the world to me. I loved our talks of Balderson cheese being one of Canada's few successes and I won't make his sloppy joe recipe again without a little tear in my eye. I am happy, though that he went peacefully in his sleep. He wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Back
Top Bottom