Ginger Remoulade for Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Remoulade is a cold sauce served with cold meats or seafood. While there are many variations, it begins with mayonnaise. Then pungent ingredients are added to make a highly flavored accompaniment to cold foods.

This recipe was part of a demonstration I attended on cooking with herbs. I like this particular version with grilled or broiled salmon or tuna.

Ginger Remoulade for Fish

1 cup mayonnaise or plain yogurt
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
2 tbsp. minced celery
2 tbsp. minced onion
2 tbsp. minced parsley
2 tbsp. ketchup
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour to allow flavors to blend. Leftovers can be used as a sandwich spread or or to make salmon salad.

For more information: http://www.foodtimeline.org/foodsauces.html#remoulade

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good. Most of the remoulade recipes I have seen have seen include turmeric to make it pale yellow. Danes use it as garnish on roast beef sandwiches, and lots of other ways.

Thanks GG! have copied not only the recipe but the link for food time line - how interesting!
Thanks for bumping this thread. I had forgotten about this recipe. I have now copied it to CMT.

BTW dragn, did you try my tip about highlighting an ingredient and then clicking the CMT widget button?

Thanks GG! have copied not only the recipe but the link for food time line - how interesting!
I love that site! I found out recently that it was compiled over many years by a librarian on her own time. She retired and the site has been taken over by a college or university. I don't know what their plans are for it, if any.

taxy, I did and it worked, well most of the time. Thanks, big time saver!

GG, that too is interesting! Wow, what an honour and bless her!

Back
Top Bottom