Garlic for 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our 200 garlic grew great this year.

We've planted 280 for next year, we did that in October.
Today I processed the remaining 100 bulbs.
Broke open the bulbs, blanched the cloves, put them in cold water in the sink. Squeezed the peel off, trimmed the root end, processed in the food processor to minced. Then bagged in qt zip lock bags, flattened and stacked, then frozen.

Whew! Done! Probably 9 zip locks, around a quart and 1/2. I think it might last until next July. No vampires here.

I probably have another 2 weeks before I have to buy garlic ( for the first time since July 1st.

Although it was a better year than the previous year, I still had some water damage due to most likely poor drainage . Those water damaged heads of garlic were not going to store, and not in great shape, so I had to use them up early ( probably about 25 - 30% of my crop. The rest stored nicely , but since I usually grow about 10 months worth, it makes sense the im starting to run out.

I forgot how many I planted this year, but I basically redid the bed completely and didnt plant as deep as I used to. Hopefully these changes lead too a bountiful crop next , oops, I mean this year :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom