Frozen Meatballs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To be honest, Bones, I'd make my own. (I'm fortunate in that I have known my butcher since before he inherited his grandfather's & father's shop so I know his stuff is good). If you make your own you control the quality and can find a recipe you like tweak it to your taste.

They are no trouble to make and take less time and effort than traipsing off to the store to buy the ready-made ones. And you control the number you have in the freezer.

Thanks.
I have always made my own and have never ever purchased pre-made frozen or fresh meatballs.

As far as just as easy, I must disagree.
Making homemade meatballs is time consuming and frankly a lot of work.
We go to Costco once every three months or so. We go on Monday in fact.
I'm not going to buy the meatballs unless I get to try them first.
I would buy the ones my daughter brought over as a convenience.
I already make and store/freeze marinara sauce in small containers. Enough for about four servings.
If the Costco meatballs were good, I could have dinner ready in minutes.

Thanks again!

Ok . . super snob me . . frozen meatballs sounds oh so... convenience store.

A good meatball is fresh and flavoursome . . . do we lose that in freezing?

Rich

For the record I agree with DK.

Frozen meatballs that I have purchased have - to me - been absolutely disgusting. Obviously I have never bought many, for the above reason. Tried some years ago - yech. Then tried them about 2 winters ago on the glowing recommendation of staff - yech again.

I make my own and have found a couple of recipes I really like. I have frozen them but am not super thrilled but it could be I keep them too long, I don't know.

Perhaps if I froze them before cooking?

Hello three year old thread !

One time a long time ago we got our hands on a bunch of ground meat. I decided I was going to make 100 meatballs.

I froze them. They came out alright but freezing took something out of them. The flavor had dulled. Surprisingly the texture was pretty good.

T

Hello three year old thread !

One time a long time ago we got our hands on a bunch of ground meat. I decided I was going to make 100 meatballs.

I froze them. They came out alright but freezing took something out of them. The flavor had dulled. Surprisingly the texture was pretty good.

T

I frequent a Danish cooking site. In the comments sections below the recipes, someone often asks if a recipe is suitable for freezing. They often get a reply or two saying that, if they want to freeze the recipe, they should increase the amount of seasonings.

Back
Top Bottom