Friday's Dinner - 9/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Corned beef and Yukon potatoes.

corned_beef_091622_IMG_0056.jpg

I had a bowl of this quick, easy, and relatively inexpensive soup with a mandarin orange for afters.

1 (15-ounce) can of Hormel vegetarian chili with beans*
1 1/2 cans of water
1 packet of GOYA beef flavored bouillon
1/2 small onion
1 1/2 cup of frozen mixed vegetables or a 12-ounce package
1/4 cup of tubetti pasta
Plenty of black pepper and a big pinch of salt

Bring everything to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Let sit covered for 10 minutes to complete cooking the pasta.

Serve with grated cheese if desired.

*This soup is even cheaper when made with a pint of homemade chili from the freezer.

We're doing leftovers. I made a hot roast beef sandwich with provolone and mozzarella cheese on a brioche roll, a handful of grape tomatoes, and a Persian cuke. I'm saving the leftover Thai for Himself, since he'll need something warm after star gazing.

I also had scallops, themselves were fantastic, rice and vegies nothing to write home about.

more on the scallops in another thread

Today was National Guacamole Day (and Mexican Independence Day), but my avocados are all hard, so I'll have to take a rain check. Some friends and I are going to have a Mexican dinner another day - today, it's leftovers for me.

Tonight for supper, it was another new-to-me Danish recipe - Æggekage (egg cake) with spinach and bacon. It's the Danish answer to omelette or frittata. It was good enough that I ate too much. DH liked it too. In an odd Danish twist, it also had smoked pork sausage, AKA, hot dog. I will definitely be making this again. So many possible variations. I used sweet red pepper instead of tomato as garnish. And, there was rugbrød (heavy, Danish rye bread) to go with it.

Attachments

• Æggekage med bacon og spinat og rugbrød.jpg
    Æggekage med bacon og spinat og rugbrød.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Æggekage med bacon og spinat.jpg
    Æggekage med bacon og spinat.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom