Friday's Dinner - 8/5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Breaded Shrimp (From Frozen) Cocktail Sauce,
Teriyaki Rice, Steamed asparagus...

Shrimp, Breaded 8-5-22.jpg

We'll be having spinach salads and toasted ham and cheese sandwiches on brioche buns with chips and a pickle. I'm almost missing cooking. LOL! I'll probably actually cook something by the end of the weekend.

Last edited:
We had a grocery delivery and I didn't have much energy left after that for making supper. I stuck the contents of a package of roasted onion sausages in the toaster oven and cooked 'em that way. I served them with potato salad that I made earlier in the week. There's 2/3 of a sausage left, which I will snack on tonight.

Roasted onion sausage and potato salad.jpg Roasted onion sausages and potato salad.jpg

On of our "regulars" in the summer is grilled kielbasa. Tonight we had it with COTC and coleslaw.

IMG_0256.jpg

Leftovers for me, last of the mushroom filled ravioli and 2 drumsticks.
Might go digging up some of the mango ice cream I made earlier this week. Will eat outside in the last of the heat... still a humid 87 out there. At least until the skeeters start to git me.

The salads had some romaine lettuce added to the spinach for "body" (does anyone else think hydroponic greens are more delicate than field grown?) along with bacon, mushrooms, black olives, tomatoes, and hard cooked egg. I put baby Swiss cheese on the sandwiches. Wishing I could buy bags of just browned potato chips...

IMG_20220805_202226166_HDR.jpgIMG_20220805_212046926_HDR.jpg

Fresh corn on the cob with lemon garlic sauce brushed on and a little S & P, diced baked potato and baked beans.
(oil / butter free, lemon garlic sauce, is just lemon juice, rind, garlic powder, water, corn starch brought to a quick boil to thicken.)

OMG I Love fresh corn on the cob when it comes in season. I microwave it in the husk for 5-7 minutes, peel it back......I can eat it every day!

Leftover lasagna, and doctored Bush's beans. Simple, heated in mivrowave, watermellon slice for desert. Rice Dream to wash it all down.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom