Friday's Dinner - 7/1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's Aloha Friday and I went three towns up to the Hawaiian Food Truck to get us two Kalbi Plate Lunches for dinner.

IMG_1813.jpg

We both had to taste test it while it was still hot.
:yum:
Most ONO!!!

Well, the Mac Salad is a touch on the bland side for my likings and of DH said that I can have his scoop :LOL:
The Kim Chee (or kimchi, whatever) is a bit tart, but plays very well with the fattiness of the meat.

I baked some store bought, breaded haddock filets and some store bought shoestring potatoes. Served it with coleslaw I made this afternoon, malt vinegar, and lemon wedges. I won't be buying that brand of shoestring potatoes again. They were the store brand and a bargain. But, the thickness of the pieces was all over the place and that makes it hard to get them all cooked at the same time. They turned out okay and tasted fine. I used a purple carrot in the coleslaw. That slaw turned out great. We finished off the jordbærgrød (Danish strawberry dessert). I'm stuffed.

Fish and chips with homemade coleslaw.jpg Fish and chips with homemade coleslaw 2.jpg Fish and chips with homemade coleslaw 3.jpg

I made a simple dal, to try that new Sambar cucumber in. It was a simple dal, with mild seasonings (imagine that!), to see what the flavor was like in a cooked dish, and it was good, but next time it will have more seasonings. The flavor and aroma was mild, when raw, and no different than other cukes, but the seeds were barely forming. It seemed like it had stopped growing about 3 days ago, which is why I picked it, but next time I'll let it stay on longer. Also made some quick pickles, but they weren't quite ready yet.
Here's that first Sambar cucumber, seeds not at all developed. Made just over a half cup, diced up. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

A simple chana dal, with cooked cucumber, and a few spices. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished chana dal, topped with some garlic chives and cilantro. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Today was a dental work day. Soft food. And it was good.

Asparagus soup with small torn bread pieces.
Smoothy of carrots, sweet potato, orange, apple, pineapple.
Baked potatoes, sprinkle of vinegar and a little salt.

Pepperhead, that looks good!

I made standard salads tonight: iceberg, carrots, radishes, celery, tomatoes. Then Himself went into a food coma: I made fried bologna sandwiches for us tonight. :LOL: Ghetto Gourmet! Lots of lettuce and tomato on the sandwiches to make them - healthier. We did have goodly portions of watermelon on the side. Later, we split the last of the strawberry ice cream. So good. :yum:

DD and I had pan fried skirt steak and creamed spinach.

Back
Top Bottom