Friday's Dinner - 5/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Soup & Sandwich ...
Tuna Salad on a Soft Kaiser, Crab Soup,
Macaroni & Shrimp Salad...........

Soup & Sandwich - Tuna & Crab 5-13-22.jpg

Have a small boneless pork loin roast in the Instant Pot, along with onions, garlic and a choir of herbs. Will make gravy since it's been cooking with chicken broth. Sweet potatoes at the ready and the last of the butterscotch-rum fudge for dessert.

It was "wash the front porch day" today, so I simmered the last corned beef from the freezer while I cleaned. We had griddled Rueben sandwiches with potato chips and dill pickles. I had an icy cold beer, too, because I earned it!IMG_20220513_213220892_HDR.jpg

I used up the taco meat from last weekend. I made a Frito taco salad. The salad was Boston lettuce, curly red lettuce, cabbage, pea shoots, carrot, and red onion. I made some vinaigrette and tossed the salad with it. Then the salad and all the toppings went on the table: heated taco meat, pickled jalapeños, shredded cheddar, green tomatillo salsa, sour cream, and, of course, Fritos. We had Toro Loco rosé wine with that. It was an enjoyable meal.

Frito Taco Salad 1.jpg Frito Taco Salad 2.jpg

I'm having what I call a "Munion" pizza. Mushroom and onion on homemade dough. No sauce on the dough, it's simply brushed with minced garlic and olive oil and sprinkled with a little salt & pepper before adding the toppings. So yummy.

Attachments

• 20220514_003335.jpg
    20220514_003335.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 22
I'm having what I call a "Munion" pizza. Mushroom and onion on homemade dough. No sauce on the dough, it's simply brushed with minced garlic and olive oil and sprinkled with a little salt & pepper before adding the toppings. So yummy.

That sounds amazing. Have you experimented with using different types of mushrooms at all?

That sounds amazing. Have you experimented with using different types of mushrooms at all?

I have not, but I would like to. The only mushrooms I've used on those pizzas are the standard white button mushrooms and portabellas.

I would love to try oyster mushrooms, but I can never find them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom