Friday night, what did you eat 2023 May 19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I made a meatloaf. I learned the recipe by watching my mother. I have been making it the same way with only minor changes since I was in my twenties. It's still good. I cooked some brown basmati rice to go with that and stir fried some vegis (onion, frozen: broccoli, green beans, carrots, corn, and peas. I added some Madras curry paste to the pan and then some yogourt to make it a bit saucy. So, easy and delicious.

Attachments

• Meatloaf, brown basmati rice, and Madras curry paste vegis with yogourt.jpg
    Meatloaf, brown basmati rice, and Madras curry paste vegis with yogourt.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Meatloaf, brown basmati rice, and Madras curry paste vegis.jpg
    Meatloaf, brown basmati rice, and Madras curry paste vegis.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 2
Looks good. I'm making meatloaf for Sunday dinner this week. I too make it the way my mom did. However, with my meatloaf, I can't have anything other than mashed potatoes. For veg I'm making a creamed cabbage casserole.

As for what I'm eating tonight, leftover linguine and mussels from last night. I made too much pasta, as I always do, so I'm eating it two nights in a row.

I opened a big can of Hunt's Garlic & Herb sauce, added a bit of red wine and maybe 1/3 can of water, and in this I cooked 6 Italian sausage for about an hour. Served them on bratwurst buns with sliced mozzarella cheese.

Working funny hours this week, so the occasional ridiculously easy meal is welcome.

Was so busy with these trains last night, finally just went and started to watch a stupid movie, turned that off, went to bed... and remembered 1. I hadn't taken the dog out and 2. I hadn't made any supper.
Oh well, I just rolled over. Dog woke me at 10 to 5 this morning. I was not only impressed but thankful she waited that long.
I'll try to remember to make some supper for tonight.

Chicken tenders and yukon gold potatoes sauteed and served with a marsala/cream/mushroom gravy. It wasn't planned. It just resulted from what I found in the fridge and pantry.

Back
Top Bottom