Fri. Sept 30, last day to....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
Fish Friday... poor man's Air Fryer...
20220930_165712.jpg

toaster oven works great!
Tempura battered fish with McCains Bistro fries.

I ran out of spoons for the planned meal. I had a craving for Greek food, so we were going to order from our favourite Greek resto, but for now, they are only open Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Okay, then, what about Indian? Our favourite Indian resto seems to only be open for lunch. There was nothing else that appealed. Sure, there was stuff that was "serviceable" but, that seemed silly. So, I made a French omelette with scallions and feta and we had it with toasted, wholewheat miche and white wine. I'm glad I thought of that. DH is still dealing with the inflamed Achilles tendon, so getting stuff out of the basement freezer would have been more effort. Sadly, the list of things I can manage with low energy is getting shorter. At least we enjoyed our meal.

Fish Friday... poor man's Air Fryer...View attachment 61934
toaster oven works great!
Tempura battered fish with McCains Bistro fries.
That's a cute setup. I often use my toaster oven as a pseudo-air fryer. Mine has "fan bake", which is like convection. But, it's not even a little bit air tight like an air fryer. I use my dehydrator racks when pretending it's an air fryer, so food gets hot air on both sides.

Oh, dear! Stay safe!

I've no idea what we are having for dinner tonight, but I'm setting a big ol' hunk of pork in the Sous Vide very shortly. That will be dinner tomorrow or Sunday!
I decided to use up the rest of the chicken from Chicken Bomb night...we had Fiesta Tacos. They are a knife and fork taco...they were yummy!!!

IMG_6732 (2).jpg

LOL, taxy, mine has the fan option too, which I used. The rack the fish are on is a round one (amazon) meant for the bottom of pots/pressures. Works just great!
My dehydrator shelves are plastic so 'fraid that wouldn't work for me.

LOL, taxy, mine has the fan option too, which I used. The rack the fish are on is a round one (amazon) meant for the bottom of pots/pressures. Works just great!
My dehydrator shelves are plastic so 'fraid that wouldn't work for me.
I don't have a separate dehydrator. My toaster oven has a dehydrate setting, so I bought dehydrator racks that are made for this toaster oven. I had to get them on Ebay, 'cause it's an old toaster oven.

It was windy and rainy yesterday, so I made a pork shoulder ragu that simmered all afternoon. I served it over a cute wide pasta that I got at TJ Maxx lol I also made a pan of quick and easy dinner rolls because I wanted fresh bread.
20220930_201654.jpg

Back
Top Bottom