Freezing Sweet & Sour Meatballs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tabbycat

Assistant Cook
I have just made sweet&sour meats in slow cooker using pre-cooked frozen meatballs, would it be ok to freeze them once cooled down?

Please help,I have been searching awhile for an applicable answer.

Thank you:chef:

I have just made sweet&sour meats in slow cooker using pre-cooked frozen meatballs, would it be ok to freeze them once cooled down?

Please help,I have been searching awhile for an applicable answer.

Thank you:chef:

Hello and welcome to DC.

Yes, they should freeze just fine!

Thanks for the info, I had the same questions about refreezing meatballs. I wasn't sure if it was going to have any negative effects.

The meatballs will be fine. One issue might be the sauce. If you made it yourself with cornstarch it will probably break when you freeze it. If the sauce is store-bought (thickened with modified starches) it will outlast the cockroaches!:ROFLMAO:

I make them and freeze them the only thing that i do is I scoop the meatballs out of the sauce and then freeze them separte. Leaving a little sauce to cover the meatballs. That way the sauce reheats better where you can whisk it and make it smooth as it willl separte, but don't worry about that. you won't have a problem bringing it back. I alway double the ingedients for the sauce so I have enough to cover the meat balls. Hasn't failed me yet.

My mom buys the premade meatballs and she make the the ones using equal parts of grape jelly and the bottled chili sauce. It is a staple at any family gathering , she also adds the little cocktail hot dogs/winnies. put everything in a crockpot and let it do it thing. she calls it her no fuss to go dish

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom