Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still not getting emails about new posts. I have looked through my preferences and I still can't see what needs to be updated. Is there somewhere else I need to look?

I'm still not getting emails about new posts. I have looked through my preferences and I still can't see what needs to be updated. Is there somewhere else I need to look?
Click on "watched" at the top of the forum. Select your watched threads and then after you have the list, check to see that e-mail is enabled. If not, tick the check box and scroll down to save your preferences

watched.jpg.

Click on "watched" at the top of the forum. Select your watched threads and then after you have the list, check to see that e-mail is enabled. If not, tick the check box and scroll down to save your preferences

View attachment 61811.
Thanks, found it. But, oh dear oh dear oh dear. I have a few hundred pages of watched posts.

I used the "select all" button and chose "enable email notification" and then clicked "go". It reloaded the page and none of those threads was still ticked. Am I doing that right?

@Kaneohegirlinaz, I can see your sigs and everyone else's. It might be because I'm special...or maybe it's because I checked my settings on my account page. After you click on your profile photo, go to Settings, then Preferences (both in the left-hand column), then scroll down to Content Options and click on the "Show people's signature..."

I'm still not sure I've got all my settings back to the way I like. I do know that I turn off the "stay logged in" button each time I log in, and yet I'm still logged in when I exit DC...unless I actually sign out. *sigh*

LOl, I didn't realize that's what you meant, when I quoted you in the other thread. I've always been able to see it. Hope it stays that way for you but let me know if not. Although I think CG has said it all.
Must admit I'm having a tough go of it in there as well. There's still a few I haven't figured out.

LOl, I didn't realize that's what you meant, when I quoted you in the other thread. I've always been able to see it. Hope it stays that way for you but let me know if not. Although I think CG has said it all.
Must admit I'm having a tough go of it in there as well. There's still a few I haven't figured out.
Call me dense ... but if I'm "lukering" rather than signed in, I can't see much ... like signatures, DOH! :doh:

Is it a setting that you have to turn on to be able to see the signatures? I vaguely remember seeing something like that and turning it on.

Kgirl, I have been seeing your signature all along, so I wasn't sure what you meant.

Do we really need a "Are you sure you want to mark all forums read?" button? One click should do the trick. It's not as if the posts are lost forever.

Do we really need a "Are you sure you want to mark all forums read?" button? One click should do the trick. It's not as if the posts are lost forever.
I know... but the software doesn't ;)

I wish that when I unclick the "Stay logged in" box, I did not remain logged in after I close the window/tab. I need to log out manually each time I'm leaving the site.

Also, @Janet H, I know you mentioned that the "Random Media" might be eliminated. Is that still the plan, or is it sticking around? Just wondering...

I wish that when I unclick the "Stay logged in" box, I did not remain logged in after I close the window/tab. I need to log out manually each time I'm leaving the site.

Also, @Janet H, I know you mentioned that the "Random Media" might be eliminated. Is that still the plan, or is it sticking around? Just wondering...
When you leave the site (even if you don't logout), the server will sever the connection after about 30 minutes of inactivity. When you come back, the server recognizes you and cane log you back in.

regarding the random media - I think we're going t leave it - there's lots of views.. but have been looking at the possibility of adding a link that would collapse the view.

I, for one, like the random Media. I think it's neat to see some of the old pictures. I often will clic on an interesting one and see the rest of their album.
So my vote is to keep, :)

No - The limit has been raised. As for the large images.. are they auto-sizing when you try to upload or are they being refused?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom