Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Certifiable Executive Chef
Staff member
In the past day we've been working to update the forum to a new software platform and we've been offline. Welcome back! The new forum software is called Xenforo and there are some new features and functions.

LOGIN CHANGE:
Your account can be accessed by logging in with your e-mail address or username (that displays on posts) plus the password for your account. If you are having trouble with this and can't get through the password reset process you can click the contact link at the bottom of the page to reach out for help.

If you've set up a new account because you couldn't access your old one let us know. we can consolidate these and get you logged back into your old account.

There are many new features and I encourage you to wander around, test things out and then visit your profile and do some updating. Please keep in mind that changes and adjustments are still being made and so views will become more refined over the next few days.

Update your profile:
  • Consider uploading a new avatar (little pic next to your posts). The new site accommodates larger images and old avatars are looking a little tired.
  • Add a photo album or two
  • Update your signature
Mobile viewing
The site runs well on small screens. Try it out on the road, use your regular login - no app required.

There are many things still being tweaked and fiddled with and you will continue to see some changes but we wanted to get back online as soon as possible - thanks in advance for your patience.

Post up if you have questions - we're all learning

Is the place to mention quirks that we have noticed?

I notice that the emojis from the old forum are posting as text, not as the cute emojis. Any chance that can be fixed?

Also, I tried posting an emoji from the emoji symbol in a post. But, it seems to want the emoji to be at the end of the post. I couldn't move my cursor past the emoji, to continue my post.

Click your name at top of page then account details on the pop-up. Click following. Your friends are there. HTH

contacts-1.jpg

contacts-2.jpg

I notice that the emojis from the old forum are posting as text, not as the cute emojis. Any chance that can be fixed?

Also, I tried posting an emoji from the emoji symbol in a post. But, it seems to want the emoji to be at the end of the post. I couldn't move my cursor past the emoji, to continue my post.
This is a dandy place to post "quirks". There are likely a lot of them still...

We'll get the old emojis loaded in a day or so (it's already on the to do list) and they should be working as expected then.

I'm so lost...

1) Do we no longer have a link to "Subscribed threads", or is it masquerading under another name? -NEVER MIND! Found it!

2) Is there a way to go to the "next new post" in a thread that you have already read or have posted in? -Still looking...

This looks really great, Janet! But now I have to learn the new navigation around here while already having to learn how to use a new cellphone. My gray matter is being challenged. :D

Last edited:
i LOVE - LOVE - LOVE the new graphics and the new look! And the site loads so much better on my tablet without all those annoying popups.

Well, talk about stumbling around, I'm not a big fan of 'new' things. I do like the look but Wow...

Question, I've always had the last post pop up first (in other words the thread was reversed). Can I still do this?

Well done and overdue. Of course there will be a short learning curve for some. But anyone that uses forums like I do, this is a breath of fresh air.
For pictures it now has become a copy and paste. No longer must you fumble through several pages before you could insert a pic into your post. I assume this is the case I have not tried it yet.
I want to get rid of the right side pane? How do I do that?

Thanks for all the work, Janet! As with everything, it takes some getting used to.

One of the first posts I made on the new software did something an old forum did years ago. I highlighted a word, to italicize it, but after that word was in italics, every other word after was in italics, no matter what I did! The same thing didn't happen in this post, with the bold, above. I remember they eventually fixed that on the other forum, but until they did, I had to finish typing the posts, then italicize the word(s), and only individual words would be in italics.

Well, talk about stumbling around, I'm not a big fan of 'new' things. I do like the look but Wow...

Question, I've always had the last post pop up first (in other words the thread was reversed). Can I still do this?
Not currently - I also read in reversed order. That said, when you open a thread, it should open to the last bit you read and so you can keep on going (down the page). There may be a software add-on solution for this - still investigating...

I couldn't add more text after smilies were inserted TILL I hit the page down arrow then it moved my cursor to the end of the line after the inserted smilies and I could continue typing.

Where do you even find "Jump to New"?
I can't find Jump to new either. It seems to be missing on this page. I don't know why it isn't at the top of every page.

I did find it on this thread at the top of the page -

jump.jpg

Back
Top Bottom