Foods of the World (Time-Life series)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john2007

Assistant Cook
I just purchased several volumes of the Time-Life series of cookbooks, "Foods of the World." I haven't received them yet as they will take several days for shipping, but I'll post an update when I receive them.

From what I read online (and a few that I have looked through previously) the series seems to be a highly-regarded, though not without a few relatively minor faults. Again, I haven't really reviewed the books but I will share opinions when I have them.

Are there any fans of these books on the forum? Or any detractors? The last real mention of this series on here seems to be from 2006, so I thought I'd try to revive some discussion of these. Let me know what you think of these books, and where I should start as I get into them. Thanks!

Did you find any Arabic or middle east recipes in this book? or it is a complete associate with a western food recipe?

Hello EricaJohnson, Welcome to DC!

The original Poster seems not to have come back to make a review on his books. If you look in the bar just above his post you will see the date he posted it. If you look under his name, there is when he joined, where he's from (sometimes) and how many posts he has made.

He only posted a few and that was quite a few years back last year.
Maybe he'll see your question and pop-in to answer! Hope so!

Last edited:
John, I have heard of those books but I don't have a set so I don't have an opinion on it. It sounds like something I'd like to read, but I don't have the buck$ to buy it. I look forward to hearing what you think.

The original Poster seems not to have come back to make a review on his books. If you look in the bar just above his post you will see the date he posted it. If you look under his name, there is when he joined, where he's from (sometimes) and how many posts he has made.

I didn't realize the question was so old lol Well, maybe he'll get a notification now that someone has answered the question and come back.

Thanks for the response mate!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom