Foam soap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbqcoder

Senior Cook
I like to use foaming hand soap instead of the regular liquid one for washing my hands. My problem is with trying to make my own foam soap. I’m not sure if it’s the recipe that I’m using or if it’s the dispenser or maybe the liquid soap itself. Does anyone have advice to offer?

I think the recipe that I use calls for three TB of liquid soap per cup of water. I mix it up and put it in the dispenser. But when I try to use it, the dispenser is very hard to push. So I don’t know why it’s not working well.

I guess I need to experiment by using different dispensers or trying a different liquid soap. All in all, I want to find a cheap way to make foam soap without paying a lot of money for it.

it requires not only the proper "mix" of soap, but a dispenser designed to inject air for the foaming effect.

foaming dispensers available in multiple places....

Yes, I'm using a proper foam dispenser. Usually it's one that I buy from a store that has foam soap in it and when it's empty, I try to refill it rather than tossing it out.

It's possible that the dispenser I'm using is not the best quality.

I had the Pampered Chef soap pump in the past. It worked for a while, then gave up the ghost. I felt like the foam never gave me enough soap to thoroughly clean my hands, but that's just me.

Not sure why, but I've always loved the feel of foam soap on my hands. It just seems easier to wash your hands.

I do like the Mrs Meyer's line of foam soaps where they use natural fragrances like rosemary or lemon. They do sell refillable foam soap where you pour the concentrate into half of a bottle and then the rest with water. It works well.

I'm trying to reduce costs further by using my own bulk liquid soap. Will try to use different dispensers and perhaps dilute it further before using. Have to try to perfect the recipe so that it's not hard to push.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom