Fajitas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeekinz

Washing Up
This is my full flavor, quick "go-to" dinner. Sometimes I'll use leftover pork chops, steak or chicken breasts. You could even cook a little more protein the night before and save it for the fahitas. This recipe will use uncooked chicken.

2 chicken breasts cut into strips
1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 sliced onion, red onion works well too
1 chopped jalapeno or pepper of choice
olive oil
salt/pepper
splash of Sherry
Wraps or flour tortillas
lettuce
Ranch dressing or sour cream

Saute the chicken breast in a skillet using about 2 tablespoons of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Once cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.

In the same pan, add the bell peppers, onion and hot pepper. Sometimes I add some hot sauce in there or pepper flakes too. Add more oil if necessary, you want it a little wet. Add a splash of Sherry (optional) and season with salt and pepper. Once they are cooked but still crunchy, add the chicken back in and heat through. About 1-2 minutes.

Warm up a clean pan over medium heat to warm the tortillas. This will keep them from cracking when they're folded. I've grilled them and even nuked them a couple seconds.

I usually set up the counter buffet style. Meat/vegies still in the skillet...tortillas....lettuce...ranch dressing....extra hot sauce, so you can make your own.

You can mix up the protiens and the veggies how you want. You can even remove any of the spicy flavor and add some toasted caraway seeds. Either way, they come out tasty and it's quick to make.

The other day my brother's girlfriend made us Fajitas i think she made it the basic way which i think its chicken peppers onions mushroom but i dont know what the sauce was to go on it all.
I want to try this one day for me and my husband but have been looking for a way as its my first time to try it the way my brothers girlfriend done it :D. Sounds lovely though. I could actually eat one right now!
Anyone fancy making one for me :P lol x

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom