Extremely Apple Coffee Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I made tis recipe, - https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/231416/apple-coffee-cake/, but with a couple of alterations. Instead of using waterf in the batter, I used some really good apple cider that had a lot of flavor. Also, I took more of that same apple cider, about a cup, and brought it to a light boil. I added on packet of Knox unflavored gelatin and stirred to dissolve. I let that slowly cool to room temp. as the cake cooked. .

Finally, I made a really tasty whipped cream by adding 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon to 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, and 1 packet of Alpine brand apple cider mix. I then whipped the cream to stiff peaks and put it in the fridge.

When the cake was doe, I poked it all over, like a poke cake, and drizzled the apple gelatin, still in liquid form, evenly over the cale u I then placed the cake into the fridge for 2 hours, then served in wedges covered with my apple whipped cream on top.
This came out as an apple lover's dream cake. There was great a apple flavor. If you love apple flavor, give this coffe cake a try.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom