Ever done a low country boil?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a BBQ style based on locally grown foods, local wine, and even down to the local coastal oak trees used to smoke the meat. Here's a couple of links. :yum: :)

The Official Santa Maria Style Barbecue Site | A Celebration of Santa Maria Style BBQ

And a little about the history...

Santa Maria-style barbecue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Those are good links Cheryl Here's another excellent one. The star of the show is always barbeque Tri Tip.

Santa Maria BBQ - Sunset

and this is Tri Tip..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-tip

Last edited:
Shrimp, Crawfish, or lobster, they are all great be sure you use great spices and my secret when I was living in New York was to Grill my corn a little before boiling. This would add another dimension of flavor within the boil.
White fish stock
lots of aromatics- carrot, celery, onion, fennel, parsnips, red bliss potatoes
your choice of seafood
Don't forget your favorite dense sausage or kielbasa
I prefer Cajun spices, but a little old bay is easy
:chef:
and of course friends and family to enjoy it with

Sounds like you know your way with cooking Dustin.......welcome to Discuss Cooking.....happy to have you.

We've been doing low-country boils for DH's annual teacher retreats for several years and everyone loves it. We use shrimp and frozen crawfish when we can find it, kielbasa, and Zaterain's seasoning to make it easy. Great, one-pot dish for a crowd. I like the idea of grilling the corn first. That smoky flavor would be great in the boil.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom