Egg Cuisines Among The List Of Breakfast Items

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eggholic

Assistant Cook
Eggs are a good source of protein and the best option for Breakfasts. One can have multiple egg varieties to fulfill your hunger in the early mornings or at brunch. What are some of the egg cuisines you guys would prefer to have in the options of breakfasts?

I've been enjoying Mee Goreng with spam and a runny yolk fried egg for breakfast. Great egg combination.

I've been enjoying Mee Goreng with spam and a runny yolk fried egg for breakfast. Great egg combination.
I love mie goreng too. When I travel to japan, I saw the indomie instant stirfry noodle which makes a pretty good mie goreng. Just need to add shrimp, some cabbage and of course runny egg yolk.

Many years ago, I had probably 4 or 5 omelettes a week, sometimes with fillings, sometimes with things simply beaten in with the eggs, like fresh herbs. I stopped eating so many eggs long ago, and with the price of eggs now, I would have had to stop, if I hadn't already!

I eat eggs for breakfast a couple of times a week. Usually poached, fried or scrambled. When I'm feeling energetic, I make an omelet. My younger daughter makes a great deviled egg but I don't usually have them for breakfast. The yolk is the star for me. The egg whites are just along for the ride.

Eggs are still a good value once you get past the shock of the recent price increases. Last week I paid $2.60 for half a dozen at the local Wegman’s.

One of my favorites, Shakshuka, was introduced by DC’s Steve Kroll.

I have to admit that my simple version is usually made with leftover pasta sauce or salsa.

#1 – Poached in a cup with a pat of butter, salt, pepper, and rye toast to dip.
#2 – Soft scrambled or soft-boiled. Rye toast.
Sometimes I switch up with biscuits (homemade or tube) or toasted English muffin.

Sometimes I add a meat (bacon, back bacon, or Taylor ham) and/or potatoes.

Large eggs are still $7.49 American for an 18 pack, brown or white, @AmazonFresh. $5.49 for medium size.

If you are just using them for baking, try Bob's Red Mill Egg Replacer. It is much cheaper than real eggs. $3.59 @ Amazon Fresh. It equates to 34 eggs, and it is shelf stable.
81aDAt2A-EL._SX679_.jpg

Last edited:
Ground flaxseed is another egg replacement in muffins, quick breads, etc…

1 egg = 1T golden flaxseed meal + 3T water. Mix well and let stand for 5 minutes to thicken.

How many eggs is equal to meat? the following is a copy of a post by "People's Defender" - take from it what you will.
but for $6.00 a dozen = $.50 per egg... Can you buy 1 equal portion of meat for that same $1.00?

Two eggs are equal to one serving of meat as a protein source and are not only a source of high-quality protein but are also gluten-free and contain zero carbohydrates. A large egg has only 80 calories and 1.5 grams of saturated fat while providing 6 grams of protein and all 9 essential amino acids. Feb 5, 2022

Eggs are more than an excellent source of protein - People's Defender​

My favorite egg recipe is Eggs Benedict. If I can't find Canadian bacon I use a tomato slice instead. The traditional way to make hollandaise sauce is time consuming and fussy. Here is how I make it more easily with the same taste and texture. I put the egg yolks, butter and lemon juice in a COLD saucier. I then put the heat to medium and stir the sauce constantly with a whisk until it starts to thicken. Then I remove it from the heat and stir for another minute. If you cook too long it will break. If you fail to stir constantly it will break. The whole thing takes about 5 minutes. I normally use mayo on the English muffin instead of butter.

Another favorite for me is quiche. You can find a jillion recipes on the net. If I make a quiche for breakfast I often add crumbled bacon.

I have eggs a couple of times a week. I usually either just break the yoke and do them over medium or scramble them.. once in awhile I will be them just over easy with the yolks intact.

I have always liked a cheese sandwich just on soft bread with scrambled eggs with just a half slice of American cheese stirred in near the end and mayonnaise on the bread. Sometimes I make a toasted egg breakfast sandwich with ham or bacon and cheese.

Once in a while I make an omelette. My favorite would have some green onion, bacon and swiss cheese.

Once in awhile I buy flour tortillas for breakfast tacos. For those my favorite is crispy bacon, eggs and cheddar cheese or monterey jack, and then served with sliced avocados and sour cream.

I've been known to chop up some cold cuts, brown them in butter and add scrambled eggs to them. Scrambled eggs with fried bologna is wonderful. Pretty good with salami as well. Depending on what kind of meat is involved, I'll add perhaps cheddar, perhaps pepper jack, perhaps muenster. Sometimes I'll whisk some sour cream in with the eggs. Makes them fluffy and delicious.

I don't do omelets too often but they usually consist of whatever I've got leftover. Cauliflower, believe it or not, is great in an omelet.

I recently discovered that in the produce area of my local store there are tubes of jalapeno paste, which when mixed with eggs makes a very interesting breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom