Easy Rich & Creamy Chocolate Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I made up a quick chocolate sauce to put over fresh raspberries. I didn't want to have to purchase high quality chocolate, or involve making a ganache. I just wanted something super ,quick and easy. To my surprise, the result was a very rich chocolate taste, and a creamy smooth sauce with the perfect texture, not too runny, or too thick. If you love a good sauce, give this one a try. Here's how I made it.

Ingredients:
2 tsp. Ovaltine Rich Chocolate
2 tsp. Ovaltine Chocolate Malt
2 tbs. Heavy Whipping Cream

Combine all ingredients in a bow. Stir until the chocolate is dissolved into the cream. Let sit for 5 minutes.

That's all there is to it. Of course, this is more of a good, rich, milk chocolate flavor. You could add good, dutched cocoa powder for a darker flavor, or melt in quality dark chocolate. But this is supposed to be easy.

It was great over the fresh raspberries, and would be wonderful fresh cherries, blueberries, strawberries, over ice cream, doughnuts, in a parfait, whenever you want a chocolate sauce. IMHO, it tastes better than the supermarket chocolate sauces by far.

Give it a try, and let me know what you think.;) If you like it, scale p the recipe, and make a pint.

Hint: The addition of butter, a little marshmallow, and a touch of salt added and melted in will turn this into a great hot fudge sauce.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom