Easy Peasy Gravy Cheesecake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This cheesecake is a wonderful combination of the sweet, creamy flavours of cheesecake and the richness of gravy. It does sound a little strange, and even I was skeptical when I first heard of it. It was originally a recipe in an old Continential Cookbook (Continential is a brand that makes gravy among other things) that my grandmother had from her time. She said it was delicious, so I decided to give it a shot! I was skeptical at first, but - I love it, my whole family loves it, and I guarantee you will too!

OhXIGz

Gravy Cheesecake (serves 8)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Put 50~ Oreos (or your other favourite biscuit) in a plastic ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin (don't worry about the cream, that'll get mixed in later)
- Melt 100g butter in the microwave or on the stove, then mix in the crushed biscuits
- Scoop the biscuit mixture into a cake tin and spread it to completely cover the bottom and sides. Bake in the oven for 8~ minutes and leave to cool in the fridge
- Heat up a cup of milk on the stove
- Pour a packet of gravy powder and 1 1/2 tablespoons gelatin into a bowl and slowly combine the milk until it's a smooth paste
- Beat 300g of cream cheese, 2 tablespoons caster sugar and the gravy mixture in a large bowl until smooth, then gradually beat in 250mL cream until fully combined and silky smooth
- Pour the mixture into the cooled base and place int the fridge for 2~ hours to completely set
- Cut into slices and enjoy!

I really hope you like it! :chef:

Any flavour should be fine but I prefer chicken or onion as the flavour is not as strong as others such as beef. :)

Back
Top Bottom