Easy Child friendly recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
My 6 year old grandson loves to help his mom cook so, they are letting him help and learn the ways of cooking. I'm looking for any easy recipes. He just made pizza bread from Italian bread, marinara, pepperoni and cheese. He was very proud of himself as was grandma:)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1646366344220.jpg
    FB_IMG_1646366344220.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 52
That's great, TG! I always liked helping my Mom in the kitchen, back in the days when she tried making a lot of things from scratch, and whole grain breads, and the like (she was an Adelle Davis follower, early on). It helps the kids a lot, learning how to follow the instructions of a recipe, and so forth. Not to mention when they eat that food they made, or helped in making!

Kids have a lot fewer food dislikes when it is food that they made. ;)

That also goes for food they grow too. Ive seen kids chomp down on veggies that they never would have eaten before if it hadn't come from ' their' garden.

When My kids were younger, they'd help ,me make
- Milk Shakes, smoothies.
- Soft pretzels ( which we called snake pretzels, cause they couldn't get the shape right so we just made them long and thin like snakes)
- Soup recipes ( they'd help me measure and cut things up(with supervision))
- Cookies
- Cakes
- Cake/ Cookie decorating

I would take things in and out of the oven
I would do all the frying
I would draw anything that was boiling ( like pasta)

But most other stuff, I'd let them do with supervision ( obviously depending on age )

Open face baked cheese sandwich. Lots of ways to go with it...but I usually start with bread, add a slice of cheese (cheddar, jack, etc)...then go veggies like sliced tomato, sliced mushrooms, maybe a slice of bacon and topped with a few rings of sliced onion...all things are optional, of course. Maybe ask for his input on what he would like? Sometimes I top them with sprouts of some sort, after I take them out of the oven.

Baked/broiled peach halves! Yum. A touch of brown sugar makes them extra special.

Jello can be fun. I think I posted a recipe for Deluxe Whipped Jello, sometime back? But, of course, it takes more patience.

I still remember making Cottage Cheese and Butter in 3rd grade, I think it was. Not "cooking" I guess, but fun and educational.

In the summertime, I remember the family backyard BBQ's. My cousins brought the ice cream machine and all of us kids took turns turning crank shaft (is that what it is called?)

Thanks for the chance to remember and appreciate! ;-)

I have my 7 year old grandson measure out the ingredients, and add them to the mixing bowls when i make pancakes. He also like to make scrambled eggs. Tomorrow, I'll teach him to make grilled cheese sandwiches with Kraft American Cheese slices. His favorite cheese is aged gouda, but we're fresh out. Besides, a three slice grilled cheese with a bowl of tomato soup is just classic, with that melted, dripping cheese.

Other kid friendly meals:
  • Store bought rotisserie chicken, with the meat removed, and the carcass used to make chicken and dumplings
  • Pork & beans with ring bologna, or kielbasa
  • cold cut sub sandwiches
  • meatballs with marinara, or a ragu
  • mac & cheese, baked
  • cookies
  • cupcakes
  • 3 bean salad
  • fruit salad with watermelon, and ripe honeydew balls, ripe cant elope balls, grapefruit sections, and grapes
  • baked apple
  • dump cake
  • tacos
  • burritos
  • linguini with pesto
  • Stromboli
  • baked beans
  • split pea soup
  • oven baked, breaded, butterflies shrimp
  • Oven baked french fries
  • oven baked, breaded onion rings
  • hard boiled eggs
  • egg salad fries
  • oven baked sweet potato fries
  • ice cream shakes, and malts

That should be enough for a while of cooking.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Get the wood skewers and let them make kabobs. Pineapple chunks, mushrooms, zucchini cubes, eggplant cubes, peach slices, red and green pepper slices. A sauce that is sweet or savory.

My son enjoys making pasta. Especially rolling it trough the pasta roller from thick to thin.
Ravioli is always good, let him/her choose and create the filling.

I'm looking for friendly children recipes, so I can use all these kids hanging around my kitchen as an ingredient.

Last edited:
snicker snicker, lol

Children, love them, they love learning and there's so much to teach them.

So sweet, we should appreciate kids for doing little things to assist parents. I do not recommend that kids make non-vegetarian dishes. I'll share with you an easy and healthy Veg Cutlet recipe here, that I taught my 9 years old nephew.
  • Steamed vegetables, like carrots, potatoes, yams, bananas, peas, cauliflower, broccoli, maize, sweet corn, and french beans, can be added according to our preferences and availability. Make sure the steamed veggies don't have too much moisture.
  • Don't make a smooth, paste-like mixture; instead, crush them using a smasher. Add salt, ginger paste, green chilies, coriander leaves, and bread crumbs. Mix everything well, then shape it however you wish.
  • Now move on to the coating part. Make a thin batter without any lumps. Use besan or rice flour, mix it well with water, and make a medium-flowing paste.
  • Dip two sides of our veggie-shaped patties in the batter, just enough to moisten.
  • Then, coat it with bread crumbs on both sides.
  • Repeat this for all patter. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes.
  • Pour some oil into a hot pan. Shallow fry until crisp and brown on both sides.
My nephew tried all of these dishes and turned out well. Teach your grandson these simple dishes as well. Browse the internet for instructions on how to prepare these dishes.
  • Mini Pizzas
  • Smoothies
  • Sandwiches
  • Salad
  • Basic Pancakes
  • Pasta
Stella Leo
Professional Cooking Expert at DomesticWorker.ae

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom