Easiest soup to make

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I assume you are not considering just opening a can of soup . . .

A large bag of frozen mixed vegetables from the supermarket. A jar of Better Than Bouillon soup base (your choice of flavors), water. And if you want to get fancy, salt and pepper. Combine in appropriate proportions and simmer until done.

Split pea soup: a bag of dried split peas, either green, or yellow, water to cover by two inches, a chopped onion, S&P, diced ham, or ham hock. Simmer until peas are fully cooked.disolved into a rich soup. Add water as required, stir frequently.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I agree with the gazpacho! I have one more batch probably out of my garden this season, and it takes more time to chill it, than it takes me to make it.

Actually I do have a quicky French Onion Soup.
Here is dragn's version when she can't wait for the longer...

Saute sliced red onions, preferably in unsalted butter. Minimum One per person.
Add beef broth approx 3/4 C per person.
Add a splash of Sherry or however much you want. (The heat increases the flavor of sherry).
Spoon Onions into individual bowls. Pour liquid on top. Place croutons to cover all the liquid. Place gruyere cheese on top to cover. Broil until cheese melts.
Serve with extra garlic bread and have a glass of red wine. Pepper is always welcomed in the broth.

Actually if I'm drinking white wine at the time (which I usually am) I will use that rather than sherry.

Particularly love this version as I can make it for 1 or 2 -

The only thing I sometimes don't have on hand are the red onions, but any others will do just fine.
Croutons are far more friendly to eat than a whole slice of bread on top of the soup, so difficult to spoon-chomp your way through! Messy!

hmmm, think I have to go check the cupboard for some red onions now.

Easiest soup?
I suppose whatever is on hand - soup.
But actually, I would say: noodle soup.
Fry a bit of Thai red curry paste. Add half onion, coarse slice, water. Boil hard. Quartered tomato. Kaffir lime leave is you got, fish sauce, 1/2 pack instant noodles.
5 to 10 minutes and you got bowl of soup for 1
Add cilantro if you got. Or bean sprouts. Maybe drop egg in it to make it more substantial

True Badjak, true. Pack of instant noodles (sometimes 1/2, sometimes not). To the soup I add whatever green vegie in the fridge, a bit of chili oil, if I have wontons, might boil them up separately or along with the noodles. Some mushrooms, left over thinly sliced meat (just before eating, to warm up only) left over shrimp (rare occasion that would be... lol... left over shrimp! rare, very rare indeed)

And now, come to think of it, my absolute easiest soup is a clear broth of chicken or beef boullion. Powder, paste or liquid, makes no difference. Some may call this a hot beverage but I call it consumme.
Boil water in a kettle.
Add a base to extra large mug.
Pour in water.
Stir - Drink - Enjoy.

Easiest soup?
I suppose whatever is on hand - soup.
But actually, I would say: noodle soup.
Fry a bit of Thai red curry paste. Add half onion, coarse slice, water. Boil hard. Quartered tomato. Kaffir lime leave is you got, fish sauce, 1/2 pack instant noodles.
5 to 10 minutes and you got bowl of soup for 1
Add cilantro if you got. Or bean sprouts. Maybe drop egg in it to make it more substantial
I have recipes saying to fry curry paste. How do you do that?

I have recipes saying to fry curry paste. How do you do that?
In that recipe you were questioning about it, probably in just a little oil, often coconut oil, heated up over med-low heat, and cook until aromatic, and the oil separates some. In Thai curries, where there is coconut milk used as the liquid, put the thick cream off the top of the can in the wok, and boil it down until the oil separates from it some, then add the curry paste, and "fry" the paste a couple of minutes, in the oil left in the cream.

In that recipe you were questioning about it, probably in just a little oil, often coconut oil, heated up over med-low heat, and cook until aromatic, and the oil separates some. In Thai curries, where there is coconut milk used as the liquid, put the thick cream off the top of the can in the wok, and boil it down until the oil separates from it some, then add the curry paste, and "fry" the paste a couple of minutes, in the oil left in the cream.

Thank you very much. I make these recipes 3 to 4 times a month. I think everyone will notice. I call it tidy up a recipe sort of thing.

Actually I do have a quicky French Onion Soup.
Here is dragn's version when she can't wait for the longer...

Saute sliced red onions, preferably in unsalted butter. Minimum One per person.
Add beef broth approx 3/4 C per person.
Add a splash of Sherry or however much you want. (The heat increases the flavor of sherry).
Spoon Onions into individual bowls. Pour liquid on top. Place croutons to cover all the liquid. Place gruyere cheese on top to cover. Broil until cheese melts.
Serve with extra garlic bread and have a glass of red wine. Pepper is always welcomed in the broth.

Actually if I'm drinking white wine at the time (which I usually am) I will use that rather than sherry.

Particularly love this version as I can make it for 1 or 2 -

The only thing I sometimes don't have on hand are the red onions, but any others will do just fine.
Croutons are far more friendly to eat than a whole slice of bread on top of the soup, so difficult to spoon-chomp your way through! Messy!

hmmm, think I have to go check the cupboard for some red onions now.
I was thinking how handy this would be, so I copied the recipe. Ever make it with chicken stock instead of beef?

Back
Top Bottom