Does anyone know where I can find this Peeler?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
Years ago, an elderly woman, who is a relative of a relative got my wife and I this peeler. I dont remember the reason, we barely know her and were not in need of a peeler. I thought it was kind of a bizarre gift to give someone that you dont know, but it falls in the category of ' Its the thought that counts'. We thanked herm brought it home and tossed it into the drawer ( that we all have ) that has 100 cooking gadgets that we rarely ( if ever) use. And when we want to use something in the drawer, its always at the Bottom in the back. And when we find what we are looking for, we cant close the draw without puzzling everything together in a compact fashion, cursing as we do it, and insisting that our next weekend project is to clean the drawer out and throw out or give away all the crap we never use.

Anyway, for whatever reason, I needed a peeler, and that one was staring at me and up for the job, so I used it.

Ironically, its my favorite peeler and I use it all the time, It as made it into the drawer with all the preferred gadgets, so I always know where it is, and dont have to struggle to find and or use it.

Sadly, I dropped it on the floor and the end broke off. Needless to say I was distraught. Luckily, the peeler is still functional, but I want to replace it with the exact same one. Problem is, I cant find it. Ive seen similar, but not exact. Im kind of obsessive compulsive and really am looking for exact ( even color, if possible). Im the type who goes to a restaurant and orders the same thing all the time, and will only try something new if my wife tries something new and I taste hers. And if I like it better than what I always order, I will then start ordering the new dish over and over until it gets dethroaned.

So, I attached some pics. If anyone is familiar with this peeler, brans ... and can point me in the right direction, id appreciate it. I must admit, I didn't put a huge amount of effort searching for it, but I will, and with others help, hopefully I can find it.

I am no longer in contact with the woman who bought it, and even if I were, she is well into her 90's and has sever memory issues, so contacting her is not an option.

The brand appears to be "Ergo", the piece that broke off was a silver tip at the base of the peeler.

Attachments

• IMG_3944.jpg
    IMG_3944.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_3945.jpg
    IMG_3945.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 97
Im the type who goes to a restaurant and orders the same thing all the time, and will only try something new if my wife tries something new and I taste hers. And if I like it better than what I always order, I will then start ordering the new dish over and over until it gets dethroaned.

I can't help with the peeler but this quote made me laugh out loud.. :LOL:

I am the same, in restaurants I frequent.. :wacko:

Ross

bit like mouse traps - they keep inventing new ones....
a search on the trademark "Ergo" turned up thousands, I wasn't able to find if the mark is still "active"

Amazon has rafts and rafts of peelers - there are some with the "bow" shape,
https://www.amazon.com/Spring-Chef-Premium-Swivel-Vegetable/dp/B00X597ZXS
https://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Piranha-Swivel-Peeler/dp/B0028LUUEA

and also some with the handle angled like the one you show.
https://www.amazon.com/1501-Vegetable-factory-provided-plastic-Stainless/dp/B00EFPWUY0
https://www.amazon.com/DodoBee-Vegetable-Stainless-Potatoes-Kitchen/dp/B07P2CW3FW

I can't help with the peeler but this quote made me laugh out loud.. :LOL:

I am the same, in restaurants I frequent.. :wacko:

Ross

I actually get annoyed when she orders the dish I usually order, because I always like the option to try something new, but then again, I always need the security of a familiar taste.

Im a self admitted freak, and proud of it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom