Do you use your grill in the winter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rainee

What a GREAT "off-set" smoker/grill... about what I'd expect from someone from North Carolina where ya all knows about "Q".

Bet you can feed the whole neighborhood with that ...

I'll let you know next time I'm in the area ... I'll bring my own fork:rolleyes:

Thanks, actually that is the one we had made to take to competitions. Our big offset is about 4 times that size. On the big cooker we can get about 40 butts.
Not sure how well you can see the big one in this picture.

cok&ckr.jpg

LOL. Not next door, but there are some in the neighborhood.

We take good care of the neighbors. Any extra that we have goes to them or the fire station. We have them over to eat. And they are our guinea pigs, especially for desserts.

One neighbor even lets us park our big cooker and the competiton trailer in his driveway. So we have to take care of him for sure.

WOW Rainee

WOWEEEEEEEeeeeeeee Rainee (is that a word? anyway it rhymes :) that's a Big one!!!

I got a program awhile back so I could learn how to touch up some of my photos... the Orcas, Humpbacks, etc. don't always cooperate and pose in good light!

So, I figured I can't stay computer illiterate all my life.. and my son is a Senior Software Engineer with Microsoft and it embarrasses him that ol "dad" struggles trying to hook up his mouse. So I'm trying to learn.

Anyway, I took a rough cut at lightening up your picture and hopefully it's posted below.. so we can see the pork butts.. now THAT load of food WILL feed the whole neighborhood.. probably the whole town too :rolleyes: how neat.

Thanks for the picture/s.

Attachments

• raineebbq.jpg
    raineebbq.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 348
Thanks. You're getting the hang of it. Here is a close up of some butts.

butts2.JPG

OK this thread is over 15 years old. And as far as I could tell, Bucky and Andy are the only two people that posted on it left still hanging around. lol

What I want to know, other than Bucky and Andy, are there any "newbies" here that are still grilling this time of year? And if you are, have you visited this website?https://tvwbb.com/forum.php.

I use mine, but only occasionally, when it gets somewhat warm. I would have used the side
burner on it when I made that tea smoked chicken, but it was very windy - another frequent problem with this erratic weather we've been having.

OK this thread is over 15 years old. And as far as I could tell, Bucky and Andy are the only two people that posted on it left still hanging around. lol

What I want to know, other than Bucky and Andy, are there any "newbies" here that are still grilling this time of year? And if you are, have you visited this website?https://tvwbb.com/forum.php.

Sorry, it does sound like that doesn't it? :LOL: Didn't mean it too.:ohmy:

Wow, what a blast from the past that you took the time to look this up, cookieee!

I love grilling....and I pretty much grill all year 'round. :chef:

It probably would have made more sense to start a new thread with the question, but people living in both Florida and southern California generally grill all year round.

Living here, I grill outdoors as long as it's comfortable, and if it's a little cold for me, I use an electric heater at my feet. I LOVE to grill with a good book, good music, and a few glasses of wine. It makes me happy.

Last edited:
It probably would have made more sense to start a new thread with the question, but people living in both Florida and southern California generally grill all year round.

Living here, I grill outdoors as long as it's comfortable, and if it's a little cold for me, I use an electric heater at my feet. I LOVE to grill with a good book, good music, and a few glasses of wine. It makes me happy.

I guess I should have stated I was interested in what people that live in the snowy part of the US do about grilling. I have posted a few grilling recipes and I was just wondering if I should wait till warmer weather to post any more.

You do make it sound really relaxing and enjoyable. ;)

cookieee, as you know we only have two seasons in south Florida, Summer and Tourist.:ROFLMAO: I have several pieces of outdoor cooking equipment and use them year round. Some pieces I have attachments/add ons that make them more versatile. During Summer, we cook outside quite a bit to avoid using the stove top and oven.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom