Do you trust Indian restaurants for cleanliness?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most counties in the USA have health inspectors, who visit restaurants and point out things that need to be improved, and if the restaurant fails the inspection, is shut down.
We don't have any Indian restaurants around here, but if we did I would trust them to be as clean as the other restaurants.
India may have different standards, but the USA does not.

Were you planning on eating at restos in India? If it's here in North America, I would mostly trust them as much as other restos until I got to know the individual resto.

I was watching DDD the other day and a Persian restaurant fairly close to us was featured. Thought I would check it out so Googled. It had 4.4 out of 5 stars so I next read the latest reviews, one of which mentioned their failure to pass inspection recently. So, looked them up. They have a pattern of failing bad enough to get closed down repeatedly with always a laundry list of violations, clean up and fix the issues, then rinse and repeat every few months. So, while I guess they would be okay to eat at right after they reopened from a failed inspection, I decided to pass.

Back
Top Bottom