Do you think this works as well as the ad says it does ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
I love stuffed grape leaves.
Usually its something my daughter and I do together
She has moved out of state, so now its a single person's job.
Although not a big deal, I came across the following ad below.
kinda seems too good to be true.
Think it works as well as the show it ?
Are there more professional versions that would work better ( assuming it doesn't work)
I know its basically a one trick pony ( and I have plenty of those types of things in my ' one trick pony cemetery in the basement), but gadgets intrigue me.

https://orfill.store/products/veget...KAC7hdI5LsPMyMVBqM1Q8L8c973mdJh2yByclGxkdBBrs

Larry. I can tell you my nephew uses similar device with great success. I can’t say if it’s the exact same model or manufacturer as the one you linked.

I never knew something like this existed, my world was shattered. I always wondered why the grape leaves stuffed in the can all looked so perfectly . Although I did assume they were mass produced by some kind of mechanical mechanism, I always had a Vision of a room filled with a bunch of Greek woman ( I know its stereo typical, but thats the image I had in my mind) stuffing and rolling these things. As a joke, I sent the link to my daughter telling her she's fired :) . Obviously as a joke, truth is , its great bonding time preparing and rolling grape leaves with my daughter. I love criticizing her rolling technique and watching her get mad :ROFLMAO: ( She's 22, she knows Im joking ).

I've never seen one of those! Loved that web-site, has some interesting things and their blurb is convincing (LOL)

Confession: I have a jar of grape leaves in my cupboard that is older than some of my grandchildren. Have always vowed to one day making them. Have intimidation issues and not researched them enough to find a recipe that yet says to me - Go Girl!

one other note about the web-site, am always suspicious of where some web-sites originate. You have to read almost every single page to find out. Finally found this one is from London, England.

I've never seen one of those! Loved that web-site, has some interesting things and their blurb is convincing (LOL)

Confession: I have a jar of grape leaves in my cupboard that is older than some of my grandchildren. Have always vowed to one day making them. Have intimidation issues and not researched them enough to find a recipe that yet says to me - Go Girl!

one other note about the web-site, am always suspicious of where some web-sites originate. You have to read almost every single page to find out. Finally found this one is from London, England.

LOL I was thinking same thing when I saw the name on URL/page "ORFILL". Sounds a lot like "Awful" to me. LOL I would trust Amazon instead - for less money, free shipping and good customer service.

Last edited:
I had tried editing my post earlier and just noticed that it didn't 'take' - the following is what I had written... plus I agree I would buy from Amazon rather than overseas - shipping, exchange are not clear whereas Amazon better.

Just saw msm post, went to both Amazon.com and Amazon.ca. .com shows for $10.79 (U.S.$) and .ca shows several prices within a dollar of each other (same product) of $12 (Cdn$) plus shipping of approx. $7 (if applicable to buyer).
British one is two for $20. but not sure whose coin it is. Then there's the shipping.
So seems all are pretty much the same price.

I did not see one for $6.54 - even when I clic on msm's posted site??? Can they tell where my 'clicking' is originating from?

Interesting observation. If you go to the link in msmofet's post and scroll down to where "Customers who viewed this item also viewed" section and the "Compare with similar items" section, it looks like all brands are the same machine with different logos.

Larry, if that's true, it doesn't matter which one you buy. Choose by price.

Looks like a pretty cool gadget. I've made stuffed grape leaves twice and they turned out very well, but they are a lot of work. A rolling machine would make it much easier and I might make them more often.

Dragnlaw, try opening msmofet's link in a private window / incognito window. Websites can tell where your ISP is by the IP address, though many don't bother to check that. But, you have probably bought something at Amazon and they left cookies on your computer, which tells them something they want to know before showing the cheaper price. Or maybe you don't have any of their cookies and that's what they are looking for. I just tried it, first in a private window and then in a regular tab and it told me the approx $6 price both times. My IP address is in Montreal and I have an Amazon account.

I got $6.54 price by clicking on MsM's link. Maybe something to do with being a Prime member or not?

I got $6.54 price by clicking on MsM's link. Maybe something to do with being a Prime member or not?
My account isn't a Prime account (where I copied this link from). I usually ask my DD to order for me from her Prime account. Is your account Prime? In which case the price is the same for both types of accounts.
I don't find that Prime gives me a better price on the things I want. BUT the free expedited shipping is wonderful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom