Do air fryers brown all over?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

otuatail

Senior Cook
If you throw a lot of chips into this then the air will not get all around the chips surely. With the shortage of Veg oil here in the UK, I am looking at getting one. I have seen someone here say they are tasteless. If so could coating them in oil help?

They will crisp all the way around if you lay them down in a single layer. You can oil them; be sure to put a tray a couple slots below the fryer basket to prevent the oil from dripping onto the bottom of the oven.

Okay. I am looking now at some. Can someone explain about putting a tray underneath if coating in oil. This is not a microwave, so metal is okay. But would metal interfere with it and wouldn't a Pyrex bowl be better. Even some brown paper perhaps.

"Just don't put foil or anything on the bottom of the basket"

Last edited:
As you haven't decided upon an air fryer, may I suggest that you check out "Lana Under Pressure"
https://lanaunderpressure.com/2020/01/28/instant-omni-plus-beginners-guide-and-comparison/

I have used this brand (same people who make the "Instant Pot) for 3 years now and love it.

Ross

That style looks more versatile. I imagine it would be possible to put two trays of fries in at once, so one is less tempted to put more than one layer of potato pieces per tray.

只需控制烹饪时间和温度,不要过度拥挤食物以获得良好的效果。我会在 HYSapientia 烤盘上放 3-4 个鸡胸肉,它们做得很好

We have a toaster-oven style air fryer that included both a basket and a no-stick coated tray. We have only used the tray (thinking about dripping). We have cooked chicken strips, fries and small pizzas. I don't add any oil and do not turn any food during cooking on the tray and everything is cooked all around - Crisp on the outside, juicy on the inside and not tasteless.

Back to June posting by Otuatail.. a word of caution ...
Can someone explain about putting a tray underneath if coating in oil. This is not a microwave, so metal is okay. But would metal interfere with it and wouldn't a Pyrex bowl be better
Never use a dry glass in your ovens - the risk of shattering is great.

Edit: BTW - what did you get in the end? and how is it working out for you?

We have a toaster-oven style air fryer that included both a basket and a no-stick coated tray. We have only used the tray (thinking about dripping). We have cooked chicken strips, fries and small pizzas. I don't add any oil and do not turn any food during cooking on the tray and everything is cooked all around - Crisp on the outside, juicy on the inside and not tasteless.
I also own an oven-style air fryer and have tried roast dinners and roast chicken so far, both very good. The most important thing is that its large capacity satisfies me

Okay. I am looking now at some. Can someone explain about putting a tray underneath if coating in oil. This is not a microwave, so metal is okay. But would metal interfere with it and wouldn't a Pyrex bowl be better. Even some brown paper perhaps.

"Just don't put foil or anything on the bottom of the basket"
If you need to cook for a large family I recommend buying an oven style air fryer as there is more space. If you're just eating alone, then you can opt for a smaller size air fryer.

You can't put a glass bowl in the air fryer because I've done that and it won't explode, but it will get very hot. An air fryer is a cooker different from a microwave.

You can try foil bowls, they fit better.

Yes, air fryers are designed to cook food by circulating hot air around it, which can help to evenly brown the surface of the food. This can give the food a crispy, crunchy texture similar to deep-fried food, without the need for as much oil. However, the degree to which the food becomes browned will depend on several factors, including the type and size of the food being cooked, the temperature and cooking time, and the specific model of air fryer being used. In general, air fryers are capable of producing evenly browned food, but it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and carefully monitor the food while it is cooking to ensure it is done to your liking.

只需控制烹饪时间和温度,不要过度拥挤食物以获得良好的效果。我会在 HYSapientia 烤盘上放 3-4 个鸡胸肉,它们做得很好
I had to translate this. And I appreciate the advice. I will have to try chicken breasts now - Too cold (for me) to grill outside.

I had to translate this. And I appreciate the advice. I will have to try chicken breasts now - Too cold (for me) to grill outside.
I have a browser add-on called S3. Translator. I just highlight the text I wanted translated and I get the option to translate, listen, or copy. It uses Google Translate, but you don't have to open a tab with Google translate. It just pops up a window with the translation.

S3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom