Dinner Wednesday Feb. 20/08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
FYI, Ol Blue's bacon cheeseburger meatloaf was wonderful. Mine wasn't very pretty and think I cooked it too long, but that was my fault, I used no thermometer and did it for an hour.

Beef riblets soaking over night in honey mustard [home made]/salt/pepper/pepsi. They'll get tossed on the cast iron griddle.
Garlic/buttered/salt and peppered pasta with a touch of pesto in there and a little parm cheese on top for the hub and a little Sonoma Jack Premium Blue Jack cheese that I bought yesterday, for me. Steamed brussels sprouts with butter and vinegar and more parm cheese on top, s&p. Avocado's and tomatoes, sliced, with truffle oil and old tuscan balsamic ever so lightly drizzled over the top, a little s&p there too. I'll make him a belini with peach and champagne, for me, it'll be hot comforting tea.

How bout what you're thinking of for dinner............
Happy Wednesday.........

Brined boneless pork chops, spring greens (like Collard) and plenty gravy.

now it may seem strange to have no potatoes or carbs, but there is A LOT of greens :)

Geez Lefse I barely just finished breakfast!! 6 am out thereand you're already thinkin dinner?!?! :)
No husband tonight, something easy. Sketti?

Geez Lefse I barely just finished breakfast!! 6 am out thereand you're already thinkin dinner?!?! :)
it's just how my mind works. I am always thinking food. believe me when I say, I know what's in this house, foodwise. I just think in advance is all I can say, I look forward to getting in my beautiful kitchen.
My "KISA" got up @ 4:00 am due to having to drive in the pouring rain, in California, traffic stops when it rains. Of course, I got up with him and made his lunch for work, treats for his employees, and coffee for shower and to go. I love the guy so getting up early with him, just to see his face, is well worth it to me. Plus, there's always a smooch involved. The beef has been marrying all night in the frig from yesterday so I knew yesterday what was for dinner today.​

Last edited:
I do the same thing... DH gets up by 3:30 most mornings, I get up and make his coffee and lunch, then I chill out by myself awhile before the munckins start filtering in. :)

We're having country fried steak, rice, gravy, honey baby carrots, sweet peas, & biscuits. For dessert, I think we'll have strawberry shortcake or chocolate pudding cake.

Doctor's appointment this afternoon with about an hour or so travel each way so have to keep supper simple....which is hard with border wanting only meat and potatoes, DH eating very little carbs and no gluten or dairy, plus me feeling pretty well vegitarian these days.

So, it is beef dip with a jus made from some homemade beef stock. DH will have his bunless with salad, Border will have bun and some oven fries, no salad and I will have salad, fries and a bun with a carmelized mixture of the leftover root veg, onions, garlic and a "jus" made from some veg stock I made with the vegetable trimings. It will mostly be heat up and serve when I get home.

I hear ya, suzi! I can't even start thinking about supper yet.
Of course I did have three "wraps" for breakfast made from fried potatoes & onions, eggs and some loose meat I had leftover from the other night. And taco sauce.

And this was the lunch I just finished (burp). I may not eat supper tonight ;)

Attachments

• hotdog lunch.jpg
    hotdog lunch.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 187
I hear ya, suzi! I can't even start thinking about supper yet.
Of course I did have three "wraps" for breakfast made from fried potatoes & onions, eggs and some loose meat I had leftover from the other night. And taco sauce.

And this was the lunch I just finished (burp). I may not eat supper tonight ;)

Where on EARTH do you put all that food!?!? I think I could eat for 2 or 3 days on that! :ohmy:

It's the middle of the week,
So I guess I'll scour the fridge for leftovers and see what I can come up with.
Not in the mood for anything really.

me and my mini crockpot

i know i sound like a broken record. just keep coming up with things to cook in it. put a boneless porkchop in it with mushrooms, onions and endive , pour sweet and sour sauce over top . probably will make rice to go with it.

dessert=sugarless jello, not bad really. lol

babe:chef::chef:
didn't care for this at all. way to salty. i threw in a couple hands full of rice. itsoaked up all the sauce and was still not done. won't make this again. live and learn.babe

Last edited:
Hubby decided to take us out last night. Savannah's been begging to go to Macaroni Grill, so that's where we went. I had mushroom ravioli & for dessert, hubby & I shared the dessert ravioli. It was deep fried pastry filled with chocolate & peanuts, topped with vanilla ice cream & caramel.

I tried a new recipe that originated from Gourmet magazine: "Baked Chicken with Tomatoes & White Beans". Served it with whole-grain Rotini pasta on the side. Turned out terrific.

Back
Top Bottom