Dinner Wednesday, 11-23-2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
We tried someplace different tonight, a nice little bistro (Cedar Street Grille) two towns over. We were very sorry - very sorry we've never gone here before, that is! All we had were sips and nibbles, but everything was tasty and well presented. We each had a mixed drink, then shared four different small plates. No desserts because we were full enough. Himself said that I don't have to make dinner tomorrow. Pretty sure he'll feel differently tomorrow.

20221123_203218.jpg
"Black Coffee in Bed" and "Feeling Brandy"

20221123_202326.jpg
Fried calamari and artichoke hearts on puttanesca sauce

20221123_202349.jpg
Bacon wrapped dates

20221123_204243.jpg
Beef sliders with pickled vegetables, and onion strings.

What did you eat tonight?

Had a grocery delivery, so I was prepared with some ready made samosas and Algerian mini briks. I got those with my Lufa Farms basket yesterday. I made a very simple green salad to go with it - greencrisp lettuce, a whole bunch of scallion greens (the scallions I get from Lufa Farms have are usually over two feet long, so lots and lots of the green part), sunflower seed microgreens, and frozen corn kernels, dressed with my batch vinaigrette. We had seconds of everything.

Attachments

• Samosas and mini, Algerian, spinach briks from Lufa Farms and a green salad.jpg
    Samosas and mini, Algerian, spinach briks from Lufa Farms and a green salad.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 1
Happy Anniversary, @Cooking Goddess! Hope it was a good one.

I had pizza and wings at a co-workers house last night. Doing "Friendsgiving" with them and other co-workers today. Getting together with cousins and other family members after work tomorrow.

Wishing you a very happy anniversary...and many more...CG!

I made a big pot of Rigatoni with Cabbage & Fontina. It was great...and we did a @larry_stewart move and tried out tomorrow's chocolate cake...shhhhhh. A new to me recipe for a simple and old fashioned cake. Just perfect! The whipped cream and cherry on top didn't hurt either! Sorry...didn't even think about pictures.

Wishing you a very happy anniversary...and many more...CG!

I made a big pot of Rigatoni with Cabbage & Fontina. It was great...and we did a @larry_stewart move and tried out tomorrow's chocolate cake...shhhhhh. A new to me recipe for a simple and old fashioned cake. Just perfect! The whipped cream and cherry on top didn't hurt either! Sorry...didn't even think about pictures.
Did it with everything we brought lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom