Dinner Tuesday - 5/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Fried Breaded Chicken Half-Breast, Mashed Yukons, Gravy,
Boiled & Buttered "Baby" Carrots & Pearls...
I cooked both halves, but I'll have to put the other

one to use elsewhere, lol ! Too much for one sitting,

even for me.................

Chicken Breast, Breaded 5-17-22.jpg

I recently decided I wanted an inexpensive cast iron griddle for use outdoors on my grill so I could make smash burgers without a monumental mess on my stovetop, among other things.

So I picked up a reversible pre-seasoned CI griddle and applied an additional three layers of seasoning before tonight's inaugural use.

I griddled smash burgers with cheese and served them with green beans and cucumbers in sour cream. Delicious! A definite difference in taste vs. a regular medium rare burger.

Not a great photo. I'll try to do better next time.

IMG_0074.jpg

The griddle sounds like a good idea Andy.

I made RockLobster's take on Italian white bean and tuna salads for dinner. Added kalamata olives along with green olives, halved grape tomatoes and coarse chopped jarred artichokes. Included the artichoke olive oil in the vinaigrette. Baked up some thick sliced hunks of garlic parm sourdough toasts alongside.

I'm making a "hamburger casserole" for dinner. It is a new-to-me recipe and something I think DH will be able to eat easily. He tends to think he is up to more than he can really do. We'll see how this one goes over? Pictures, if worthy & I remember...LOL.

Today was a long day. Going to OHSU for another visit best not described in the dinnertime thread.

Tonight is our last night of "Choose Your Own Adventure" sandwiches. We had veggie loaded salads first. Then I had those two-bite pitas with tuna and egg salads, and the last of the potato salad. Looks like I will have to cook tomorrow.
IMG_20220517_203259449_HDR.jpg

I got a delivery of my produce and other stuff basket today, so we had fresh spinach and mozzarella samosas. I heated them in the toaster oven and served them with rice pilaf and roast potatoes that were left from our Greek food delivery on my birthday. I also fried up some vegis (carrot, green beans, corn, onion, rainbow chard, pea shoots, and garlic) with some Madras curry paste. Then, I added some yogourt. The samosas were good and the vegis were really good. I'm very pleased with how that impromptu vegi dish turned out. I think I better write it down while I remember.

Cheese and spinach samosas, vegis with Madras paste, and leftover rice pilaf and roast potato.jpg Cheese and spinach samosas, vegis with Madras paste, and leftover rice pilaf.jpg

I'm making a "hamburger casserole" for dinner. It is a new-to-me recipe and something I think DH will be able to eat easily. He tends to think he is up to more than he can really do. We'll see how this one goes over? Pictures, if worthy & I remember...LOL.

Today was a long day. Going to OHSU for another visit best not described in the dinnertime thread.

Well, I can say, "I won't do that again!" There may be ways to modify the recipe to our taste, but I don't feel motivated to do so.

On the other hand, this thread gives me inspiration!!
smileys-cooking-136990.gif

Back
Top Bottom